User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Whatever happens we will learn to deal with it. We have made it through a number of HOS changes and these will be no different. We either deal with it or get out of the business. One of these days perhaps they will actually have those who are directly affected to provide input rather than these inexperienced bureaucrats.
I can't argue with that, but what will be the damage until all is sorted out? If, say 175,000 drivers lose their CDL or are black listed for one to three years, what recourse will they have? What if a few major carriers fall and throw a few more thousand drivers out through no fault of their own? I don't see how any of this helps anyone. Not all carriers and drivers are bad, we work with what we have in front of us like you said. But this? Gman, I don't know, like I said, there is so much room for abuse here. Maybe they will go gung-ho and swamp their system and back log it for ten years. Or maybe we will have that nation wide strike so many have called for over the past two years. Remember the 70's?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I remember the 70's very well. There was much more camaraderie in this industry. And this country was essentially shut down by the trucking industry during that time. After rates were deregulated things began to change. I think that in one respect this could be good for the industry as a whole. That is getting rid of some of the marginal drivers. With fewer drivers in the pool there would be less capacity which should help rates come up to a more acceptable level. I agree that there is much room for abuse, as there was with the new hos rules. It seemed that even those charged with enforcing these rules had different interpretation of those rules. A number of states have already begun to put more dot officers on the roads and are doing more roadside inspections. This could well be another cash cow for the states. I don't see that it will help many of us. Whether we like it or not, if implemented we will need to learn how to deal with it. If it results in a high level of carriers having their safe stat scores put at a high level then they may need to re-evaluate how they do their calculations or be ammunition to implement the little black boxes. It is all about control and money.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipy46 View Post
My whole question is will CSA 2010 cause dispatchers to back off the games they play.

I have been with 4 companies over the years ..from large to very small and dispatchers are all the same and behave the same,

Simply stated they are ....Lying,coercing,manipulating,sacks of bleep....issedoff:

Will this give them cause to be good little boys and girls :rofl:
No, they will just have to lie even more