User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R View Post
Why does everyone aways forget to mention Wendy's and LJS. They are also hiring.:thumbsup:
Probably for the same reason that when folks come on here and have been down on their luck and looking for that magical company thats gonna hire them, the first hard luck companies thrown out there are:

CRE, Swift, CRST, JB, and so on, you get my drift.

But how come no one throws out companies like:

MBM
Sysco
Asian Foods
US Foodservice
Stockyard Meats
Northstar Foodservice

Just a thought.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:22 AM

I for one have always thought that using the line of fast food places are hiring as a little idiotic. Any individual who is willing to put in a hard days work (harder then holding a steering wheel) and can deal with the rest of the world looking down on them (just like being a driver) in conjunction with organizing a crew of 20+ to facilitate the dysfunctional feeding of hundreds of people in a very short time span can earn a very respectable paycheck. In fact I would bet that a manager of any Mickey D's in my hometown makes more then 80% of the otr drivers on this board and he/she is home every night.
Its a job and a means for many people to take care of their famlies in short the people who look down on these fast food workers are no better then the dispatcher, receiver, or any other person who thinks driving is a sh.t job...
it's just a job....not a way to define who you are as a person..

Timberwolf
Old 08-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
I for one have always thought that using the line of fast food places are hiring as a little idiotic. Any individual who is willing to put in a hard days work (harder then holding a steering wheel) and can deal with the rest of the world looking down on them (just like being a driver) in conjunction with organizing a crew of 20+ to facilitate the dysfunctional feeding of hundreds of people in a very short time span can earn a very respectable paycheck. In fact I would bet that a manager of any Mickey D's in my hometown makes more then 80% of the otr drivers on this board and he/she is home every night.
Its a job and a means for many people to take care of their famlies in short the people who look down on these fast food workers are no better then the dispatcher, receiver, or any other person who thinks driving is a sh.t job...
it's just a job....not a way to define who you are as a person..

Timberwolf
Bravo!!! +1

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"
Old 08-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Salt_19 View Post
Probably for the same reason that when folks come on here and have been down on their luck and looking for that magical company thats gonna hire them, the first hard luck companies thrown out there are:

CRE, Swift, CRST, JB, and so on, you get my drift.

But how come no one throws out companies like:

MBM
Sysco
Asian Foods
US Foodservice
Stockyard Meats
Northstar Foodservice

Just a thought.
Because companies like Sysco, US Foods, Sygma and that have some strict hiring policies(IE:no felonies, no DUI's, DUI at least ten years old,etc). Also, companies like that are NOT DRIVING jobs, which is what everyone asks about. 90% of the drivers out there run from jobs like that.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R View Post
Because companies like Sysco, US Foods, Sygma and that have some strict hiring policies(IE:no felonies, no DUI's, DUI at least ten years old,etc). Also, companies like that are NOT DRIVING jobs, which is what everyone asks about. 90% of the drivers out there run from jobs like that.
Sygma is Sysco's sister.

Double R, one thing about Sysco... if you got both arms, and both legs with a clean record, they will hire ya, and train ya, :lol: but if you have anything on your record, like you mentioned, they won't even look at ya.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Board Regular

i agree with double r. i respect him for doing food service but man that seems like alot of work. i know that by the time i spot my dolly in front of my rear trailer i am spent and need a good five or ten minute break...not for everyone. but that does not mean it is not a good or possibly great job, just one that i refer not to do. now that being said. if i lost my job and had to actually go WORK for my money then i would do what i gotta do. if that means flippin burgers or hustling freight down a ramp into a resteraunt, then so be. my family comes before my hapiness.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post
i agree with double r. i respect him for doing food service but man that seems like alot of work. i know that by the time i spot my dolly in front of my rear trailer i am spent and need a good five or ten minute break...not for everyone. but that does not mean it is not a good or possibly great job, just one that i refer not to do. now that being said. if i lost my job and had to actually go WORK for my money then i would do what i gotta do. if that means flippin burgers or hustling freight down a ramp into a resteraunt, then so be. my family comes before my hapiness.

JD, THANK YOU.:clap:

And you are correct, it is not a job for everybody.

only for those that are NUTS:lol:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post

Once you get the hang of it, and in shape, it's not bad. If you do it right, it's just like getting a work out every day. You could also injure yourself, if not careful. It also does pretty good wear and tear on your body. :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Senior Board Member
Thumbs up

I know that McD managers make some serious change! Especially from Company operated stores. I know a gal who started working as a counter clerk, at a company McD in high school. She is nowin her early 50's, is the regional manager for McD franchise operations in WA, OR and ID, and knocks down well over $300K a year.

She and the family have been all over the world, on McD's dime, in the best hotels eating the best food, because she hit's the performance marks.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Senior Board Member

See my Sig. line folks. And believe it or not, sometimes money ain't everything.