User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2009, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avc View Post
Exactly, truckers need to go on strike all at one time against these bastards running the government for more than poor treatment, they need to go on strike against Exxon and the low life's who have ruined this country, not only for themselves but for fellow citizens.

What a shock it would be for the power hungry rich running the show watching citizens join in supporting a national truckers strike !!!

Insurance companies, yeah they saved the financial system right ???

Taxpayers are giving the banks and insurance companies money, not the other way around, all while they make rules to screw all of us.

The entire system is a scam, that is why there is massive failure going on now, Americans need to go on strike against the fraudulent system we have in this nation.
Holey Guacamole!

Your a jeanuos! Why did you wait so long to come out of the wood work??
Old 05-27-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
Delivered to a place almost under the Brooklyn Bridge years ago. Had to back the wrong way down a one-way street, blindside under a building between parked cars then jackknife into a dock. I did it but the next time the company sent me a load to the next place I told them to send another super-trucker, life is too short for that crap. I can back a truck but if you mess around in places like that enough then your gonna take out something. Moral: If you have doubts that you can't make it into a place, refuse to do it. Will the customer be angry? Yup. Will your company be angry? maybe. But you won't get a hit on your DAC and in the end you are the captain of your ship. You have the final say. Period. Not the dispatcher, not the salesman. YOU! They aren't there and are not driving the truck. Never let someone talk you into something you are not comfortable with or let your pride get you into something your going to regret. If in doubt, call the Safety Dept. up if your company has one. I did this several times at Roehl when my dispatcher tried to argue with me over something. Problem solved real quick.
No, this guy is the genius my man.

I have been on a crusade against the system ever since Bush senior stole the 2000 election for the Nixon gang.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Did you mean to say...

And people who can't correctly form sentences?

Adverbs are supposed to be immediately before or after the verbs they modify if at all possible, not AFTER the object.

Sorry, Boneebone.... but you started it! :lol2:
If at all possible? No, I didn't mean to say it the way you stated, that's why I stated the way I stated.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Did you mean to say...

And people who can't correctly form sentences?

Adverbs are supposed to be immediately before or after the verbs they modify if at all possible, not AFTER the object.

Sorry, Boneebone.... but you started it! :lol2:
If at all possible? No, I didn't mean to say it the way you stated, that's why I stated the way I stated. Adverbs can be placed at the beginning or end of a verb.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyboy View Post
I was hired by Swift (first truck driving job) and worked for 15mo.s, around 140,000mi, OTR, 48states. I was fired 3/23/08 for accumulating the 4 following non-DOT recordable, but preventable minor accidents.

#1) after 7mo. driving, while backing into a door at customers wharehouse; I grazed an adjoining trailer and crumpled old placard holder (no placards inside). But didn't even scratch paint on surface underneath.

#2) 2 mo.s later I took a wrong turn into residential neighbor hood, narrow street, parked cars. long story but could see what I was doing and had to run on edge of a lady's small lawn to get out of there. Didn't really do permanent damage but she was drunk and upset so had to give Swift claims number

#3) one week later, while backing into parking slot at a truck stop, hit another trucks california mirror, folding it back. Mirror unfolded back to usable original position but did damage to black plastic housing.

After these first three accidents I was routed to home terminalto meet with fleet mngr. He said,"these are nothing; but line of reason is: If he's having these little ones, he's heading for a big one. The DMs here like you and say you're doing a good job; so we have fought to keep you from getting terminated;put on probation instead".
Had to take some training classes and videos etc. I got out to lmuch more at this point,BUT.....5mo.s later I had my last minor accident

#4) at a customers wharehouse. I backed into (touched) a chain link fence behind a row of parked trailers. I pushed one of the posts back enough so top of post was tilted back about 6in. LOng story but was not getting out to look enough on straight backs like this and was overly concerned with getting nose of tractor out of the way.

Received my DAC report yesterday; it lists all 4 accidents but for description just says "backing" and for work record: unsatisfactory work record.
On the positive side; ON day I was terminated my DM said " You were one of my best drivers; if I had 75 guys like you,I'd be doing great. You have a great work ethic, it's just this safety issue. we fought to keep you last time, but this time we could do nothing".
He was probably referring to rhe fact that I didn't hardly take any home time. only twice for 3 or 4 days each. And i accepted all the loads, communicated accurate ETAs etc. on the Qualcom. I took this job seriously and was productive. didn't get out to look enough yes, but did very minor damage.
I was up to 35cpm and was assigned a brand new truck after 6mo. Made 33k in '08, so ihave no beef with Swift. Customers everywhere and dispatch to keep rolling. Need some advice on how to approach co.s now with a DAC like this. Won't someone give me a chance?

Well how is the job search working out for you? Are you going to be able to go to work for another company or will you have to sit it out until those preventables fall off your record?
Old 06-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Board Regular

One of my first SNI jobs was some place in the middle of Chicago. I followed the QC directions, and it directed me down a street that was too narrow. If someone hadn't parked in the yellow, i may have been able to cut it, but I wound up having to pull up short. Well, next thing I see that I'm going to hit a parked car, so I STOP. I turn on my 4-ways, and call my DBL and tell them about my pickle. Well, she reassures me that I did the right thing, call 911, have them stop traffic, and get the hell out of there. So I do, cops come, get me out, and send me on my way. I had to make a few more calls to make sure I wasn't going to smack an El bridge, barely cut that, and found the place was closed. So I bailed and returned the next day.

Anyhow, the moral of the story is, if you are going to hit a fixed object, STOP. Don't just act like an innocent bystander and watch it happen.

If you hit a fixed object, you are 100% at fault. Period.

I'm not moralizing, I'm stating a fact. When the investigation comes, there is no way in hell the fence will be ruled at-fault.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
Well, she reassures me that I did the right thing, call 911, have them stop traffic, and get the hell out of there.
shhhh, dont let matcat, snowman, mikefan, or Ronboy you called 911.....they will just ask why you didnt call the shipper before you left on your trip to know exactly where all the parked cars were, when the mailman stops by to deliver mail, and if there might be a problem with congestion with the FedEx and UPS guy. i mean come on, you're to always call the shipper when you're trying to ballance your checkbook, yeah??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
\
If you hit a fixed object, you are 100% at fault. Period....... When the investigation comes, there is no way in hell the fence will be ruled at-fault.
Lets ask Hawk how that goes. I'm sure if you got the right lawyer he could find that the business shouldn't have build a fence right there in the first place. =)
Old 06-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
shhhh, dont let matcat, snowman, mikefan, or Ronboy you called 911.....they will just ask why you didnt call the shipper before you left on your trip to know exactly where all the parked cars were, when the mailman stops by to deliver mail, and if there might be a problem with congestion with the FedEx and UPS guy. i mean come on, you're to always call the shipper when you're trying to ballance your checkbook, yeah??

Lets ask Hawk how that goes. I'm sure if you got the right lawyer he could find that the business shouldn't have build a fence right there in the first place. =)

wow sarcasm................