User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That, I understand. Should I receive any offers I will be posting the company name for feed back as not to further jeopardize my chances of making this a intelligent career move, Thanks again!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Rookie

The important thing to remember with England is that you have to look at it as a stepping stone. Something that you need to use to obtain experience and a track record. To establish yourself in order to take the next step. DO NOT, EVER, CONSIDER THEIR LEASE PROGRAM. Just obtain a company driver position and do your time and get out after you have another job offer.

Oh yeah, did I mention that you should, NEVER CONSIDER LEASING ONE OF THEIR TRUCKS? NEVER DO THE LEASE OPTION. It really does bear repeating. There is plenty of information available. Use the search function on CAD.

Basically the Lease allows you to pay for all of the expenses of the truck as if you were an O/O. Towards the end of the lease, they starve you out for loads and you can't afford to pay for the truck and they reposses it from you leaving you owning nothing. Then they find another sap to pay for the truck and the whole process repeats itself.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Rookie

I just looked over that list and Prime is also worth considering. 3 year DUI and no experience required for a driving school graduate.

The same advice regarding England applies for Prime. Never do the lease deal. If you ever do lease to a carrier, don't obtain the truck from the carrier.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Senior Board Member

I sure see a lot of "Proud" bill payers driving those new Cascadia's that say "Leased to" on the doors, for Prime and CREngland, these days.

Hey...at least they have apu's on them, and a working microwave.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Old 05-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Senior Board Member

they have microwaves?! chit, i NEED to give them a call!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

My suggestion would be to find something with most anyone who would give you an opportunity to drive until you gain some experience and the DUI fades further into your background. Whether it appears on your MVR or not won't prevent any carrier from finding it. Although the insurance company checks the last 3 years many carriers will routinely do a criminal background check. You can work for some of these carriers who offer a lease purchase program but I would caution you about participating in one of them. You need experience but also need to earn a decent living. You don't want to get into one of these where you are basically working for nothing.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Rookie

I hadn't really explored the O/O or lease program some company's offer due to the fact I know I am not ready to drive unsupervised or without a trainer. I am confident in my ability's as a new driver but far from the realities of being OTR especially in unfamiliar territory. I applied with Prime approx. 6 weeks ago just prior to completing the school and after doing a background check and calling my previous employers both of which appeared not to be an issue the recruiter said Prime is not hiring any drivers from the southern California area. Should I follow up or re-apply?
The funny thing is, the recruiter didn't seem real clear about any of the process even going as far as telling me call back on two occasions then not remembering who I was or why I was calling in less than a 24hr time period.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
I sure see a lot of "Proud" bill payers driving those new Cascadia's that say "Leased to" on the doors, for Prime and CREngland, these days.

Hey...at least they have apu's on them, and a working microwave.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Hey...at least they have apu's on them, and a working microwave

They should cause they will never afford to go home.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:34 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig2u2006 View Post
I hadn't really explored the O/O or lease program some company's offer due to the fact I know I am not ready to drive unsupervised or without a trainer. I am confident in my ability's as a new driver but far from the realities of being OTR especially in unfamiliar territory. I applied with Prime approx. 6 weeks ago just prior to completing the school and after doing a background check and calling my previous employers both of which appeared not to be an issue the recruiter said Prime is not hiring any drivers from the southern California area. Should I follow up or re-apply?
The funny thing is, the recruiter didn't seem real clear about any of the process even going as far as telling me call back on two occasions then not remembering who I was or why I was calling in less than a 24hr time period.

If you live in Southern California and the company isn't hiring in Southern California then I would not waste my time. Instead go to the next company who is hiring in your area. I am not surprised the recruiter didn't remember you. They get hundreds of calls. It is difficult to remember any of them.

Tags
newbie, socal