User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

how long does it take to do a rebuild newbie? tell your boss that it does not take as long as it is..i am sure he will put a ruch on it so his new driver can wreck it again.

maybe i am being too harsh here lately. let me ask another question. how much did your truck weigh at the time of the roll over? i am asking because maybe, just maybe that being fresh out of school you were not used to pulling any weight. maybe at best a trailer 1/4 full of old tires? could it be that you did not know how the brakes and truck would react with alot of weight on them. i assume that hauling chips is heavy...it looks like it when they are getting on the interstate.

here we go again. i am not saying the brakes were not out of adjustment but you said they were finr untill you got loaded. I THINK that maybe you were not ready to be pulling that amount of weight. I THINK that you were going to fast to show the more seasoned drivers that you could run with them. I THINK that you are looking to blame the mechanic or company for your mistake. I hope i am wrong. but hey, today almost everyone is looking for a handout or free ride. why not sue the pants off that company for putting you in shotty equipment...that just might work.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:01 AM
Rookie

Well J D since you have all the answers you tell me how longand yes the weight was to heavy.This guy runs all his drivers miles out of the way to stay away from the scales,most loads run around 100,000. As far as wrecking his truck I SURE AS HECK DO IT ON PURPOSE AND HIS OTHER DRIVERS WERENO WHERE AROUND.I thuoght I might get some good advice not a bunch of smart remarkes. Thanks but no thanks J D
Old 02-12-2009, 03:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Ummmm...Mr Bassman...did that school teach you how to look at the brakes to see what their condition was? Did they teach you how to test your brakes, loaded or not? Did the school teach you to check the conditions of the drums on each wheel position? The slack adjusters? Any of the little things that you are required to check each day??

Just wondering.

Finally....did you tell the police officers and DOT man whom investigated your accident, that you had written up the brakes on that truck the week before??

Did you have a Vehicle Inspection Report even filled out and turned in on the truck?

Just wondering.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
Well J D since you have all the answers you tell me how longand yes the weight was to heavy.This guy runs all his drivers miles out of the way to stay away from the scales,most loads run around 100,000. As far as wrecking his truck I SURE AS HECK DO IT ON PURPOSE AND HIS OTHER DRIVERS WERENO WHERE AROUND.I thuoght I might get some good advice not a bunch of smart remarkes. Thanks but no thanks J D
What did you expect from a guy with an avatar of Angus Young dressed in drag ?...But if you get a copy of your DAC/USIS it will show your MVR in addition to employer entered incidents ,So If not on the DAC/USIS then don't offer it up on applications , Sometimes honesty is not the best policy .
Old 02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Rookie

thanks big jeep
Old 02-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Looks to me, like you need to "investigate yourself. You need to see what is or is not on any record about your driving. That includes your MVR as well as your DAC. Make sure about what can and can not be tracked before you fill out any application. If you omit something on your application, and the company finds out through another source, it's called lying on an application, and is grounds for immediate termination. No joke.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Board Regular

it is funny sometime that i am the ass for telling the truth and that hurts some people. if you wrote up the brakes, then in return the mechanic that fixed them should have signed off that he fixed them. and in return you should have received that he fixed them in writing. did any of these things happen? i find it odd that they did not work for a week, you wrote them up...you THINK that they fixed them but did not verify it. you were driving too fast, too heavy, and dodging scales. sounds shady to me. if that is what you want to do then do not blame the company for it. sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts.

and for big jeep, you can try to get me fired up if you like. but that is actually joan jett, the queen..or goddess of rock and roll.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:37 AM

go fill out some applications. dont even put that you ever worked there. youll find something.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Did that school teach you how to look at the brakes to see what their condition was? Did they teach you how to test your brakes, loaded or not? Did the school teach you to check the conditions of the drums on each wheel position? The slack adjusters? Any of the little things that you are required to check each day??

The School I went to Did not Really teach us too much about all that.... :thumbsdown:
Old 02-14-2009, 03:47 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post
and for big jeep, you can try to get me fired up if you like. but that is actually joan jett, the queen..or goddess of rock and roll.
I must be getting old.... You'd have to pay me to get close to that. Must be running out of choices for "queen" anymore. Did Madonna grow up yet???