User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Decided to go with swift!!!

Hey whats up? So after i went and talked to R & L, i turned down that job because they wanted me to start at the dock for a couple months.... I want to drive! So i am taking Swift up on there offer. I goto orientation on the 8th and start on the 9th. I am really excited. :thumbsup: Even tho i am acepted to drive for swift i am still going to look around for other jobs, ya know, like keep your options open. Just thinking positive. I am ready to drive otr. the only thing that scares me is work well physical. I am a little over weight and i am scared that i am gonna fail the work well. I am 23, and pretty healthy i think, i just gave blood on saturday so aparently my blood pressure is ok. i am just worried about the heart rate after walking with the weights....... im gonna walk around the block twice a day till i go.

But over all i am really excited and gonna take this oportunity and run with it!

any suggestions would be great!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franwake13 View Post
Hey whats up? So after i went and talked to R & L, i turned down that job because they wanted me to start at the dock for a couple months.... I want to drive!
The bashers are gonna come out on this one, but I don't blame you one bit. I've had jobs like those, I'm not a warehouse/part time driver type I wanna be a driver.

Do not get yourself stressed out about the test, you will just make it worse.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Get in and stay with it until you've got time under your belt.

If I get back with it, I may see you in there.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Rookie
Talking Hey franwake

HEY JUST A LITTLE ADVISE.I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE IM NOT OVER WEIGHT AT ALL JUST GET NERVOUSE AND WHEN I GET MY PHISICAL DONE MY BLOOD PRESSURE GOES OFF THE CHARTS EVERY TIME.SO MY WIFE IS A REGISTERED NURSE AND GAVE ME SOMETHING THAT REALLY WORKS GOOD TAKE A TEASPOON OF VINEGAR RIGHT BEFORE THE PHISICAL AND IT KEEPS IT DOWN AND IT REALLY DOES WORK.SHE WORKS AT A HEART CARE CLINIC AND THE CARDIOLOGIST GAVE HER THIS ADVISE FOR ME.BY THE WAY I DONT HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ON A REGULAR BASIS ONLY WHEN TAKING A PHISICAL THE DOC SAYS ITS CALLED WHITE COAT SYNDROME ANYWAY GOOD LUCK:thumbsup:
Old 01-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Senior Board Member

good luck. this time of the year, you'll need it. especially since the economy is in the pits. hopefully the messiah, barack obama, will fix things by the time summer comes. :roll2:

which terminal are you going to be based out of? as for myself, i'm based out of the rhineland, phoenix.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post
good luck. this time of the year, you'll need it. especially since the economy is in the pits. hopefully the messiah, barack obama, will fix things by the time summer comes. :roll2:
I mean Syncrosonix if you want the Princess back Mr. Bush got find him.. but last time i check he wasn't doing any better before he left...

Now to the main guy.. hey if your too big they will make you go take a sleep study test and not pay for it.. They got me on this!! Quit my job and everything then turns out i had to pay 2,000 dollars out of my own pocket to take a test!!! no way.. but i hope it isn't the same for you.. but also i'm just throwing it out there..
Good luck!!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy6767 View Post
HEY JUST A LITTLE ADVISE.I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE IM NOT OVER WEIGHT AT ALL JUST GET NERVOUSE AND WHEN I GET MY PHISICAL DONE MY BLOOD PRESSURE GOES OFF THE CHARTS EVERY TIME.SO MY WIFE IS A REGISTERED NURSE AND GAVE ME SOMETHING THAT REALLY WORKS GOOD TAKE A TEASPOON OF VINEGAR RIGHT BEFORE THE PHISICAL AND IT KEEPS IT DOWN AND IT REALLY DOES WORK.SHE WORKS AT A HEART CARE CLINIC AND THE CARDIOLOGIST GAVE HER THIS ADVISE FOR ME.BY THE WAY I DONT HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ON A REGULAR BASIS ONLY WHEN TAKING A PHISICAL THE DOC SAYS ITS CALLED WHITE COAT SYNDROME ANYWAY GOOD LUCK:thumbsup:
Thannks.... its not soo much the blood pressure, its more like my heart rate after moving the weights and all
Old 01-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franwake13 View Post
Thannks.... its not soo much the blood pressure, its more like my heart rate after moving the weights and all

you'll hardly have to move anything. there are times where you may have to use a pallet jack to move some pallets. some places don't have docks. you'll have to get in there, use the pallet jack to the rear of the trailer, and then the unloader will use the forklift to move the pallets. depending on how heavy each pallet is, how many there are, how much crap is on the ground, and your stamina. it can take anywhere from 30mins to a couple hours.

oh yeah, i forgot to mention trailer tandems and having to slide them. the trailers to watch out for are the ones numbered T6, T5, 14 (14ft high), some of the 53 series ones, and the crap-tastic m.s. carriers trailers. those are total hunks of crap. those trailers' tandems are usually a b---h and a half to slide. you'll be making use of the adjectives.

Last edited by Syncrosonix; 01-28-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Did you try www.pekramme.com ?? Give them a call they are not that far from you and they will pay alot more then swift. 40cpm loaded / 38cpm empty. Im telling you call them before you got to swift. No matter what you do goodluck.:thumbsup:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 01-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Board Icon

Why is Swift even hiring right now, given the fact that they don't have enough freight for the drivers they already have?