User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Belpre, I am at the Big Jeep residence. Nice place. I have all the Kool-Aid. You guys should see some of the other things I found:

1) I didn't know they made speedos in a size 50. Yuck

2) The entire Sex in the City boxset collection

3) 17 Werner tshirts and 15 Gainey tshirts.

4) A L/P contract from J.B. Hunt?

5) Every Celine Dion record ever made

Well, I gotta get going.

You need to write for Letterman!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Belpre, I am at the Big Jeep residence. Nice place. I have all the Kool-Aid. You guys should see some of the other things I found:

Well, I gotta get going.

You forgot my Michael Bolton and Yanni Boxset cd collection .
Old 01-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Senior Board Member

After I saw you had the complete Village People music catalog I didnt look any further. I was just glad I found the place. Just how many times HAVE you backed over your mailbox? The mail lady had to bring your Netflix selection of "IN and Out" right up to the house because you mailbox was so flat she couldnt slide it in there.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:56 PM
BANNED
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Well I got a letter from Werner today stating that I'm welcome 2 return ...And I'm thinking I might return ,because I'm tired of steady reliable pay and fair compensation for my time ,and think the opportunity to make anywhere from $300-600 gross weekly for a 24/7 commitment for the 4 weeks out at a time is just what I need to steadily empty my savings account ,and end up living pay check 2 pay check and occasionaly living off company advances . Well folks I'm psyched about this employment prospect with Werner ,as these weekly consistant good checks were just taking their toll on me ,and now I feel like I got a new LEASE on life ,and wait just a minute speaking of LEASE I do think I'll be calling fleet sales monday so I can get extra broke extra fast as a Werner O/O .

DISCLAIMER...DISCLAIMER...DISCLAIMER...This post is only real as far as welcome to return everything else is sarcasm ,and would only be true if Big Jeep started smoking crack/meth with the rest of Werners toothless ex drug addict gra gar shop staff .
Aw man you owe me a new laptop and keyboard after I spit beer all over from laughing so hard! :clap::lol:

Former Big Blue Screw driver myself. What a cut-rate, low-ball, underhanded trucking company that was. I started as a driver, trained, even bought a trick and hired on with them. Best move of my life was getting away from that den of thieves. How they sleep at night up there in Omaha is a mystery to me. Heard all the top brass were cut some big fat bonus checks from old man CL this year. Must be nice. Too bad the drivers got zilch.

So you got a local job huh? Smart move. I'm looking for one myself. I ran under my own flag for awhile but there's no money in being an independent anymore, at least no good money. Too many O/O willing to pay the shipper to haul freight. Too many cut-throat brokers. Government talking about hooking-up an EOBR in your truck. Just not worth it anymore.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Miles View Post
Aw man you owe me a new laptop and keyboard after I spit beer all over from laughing so hard! :clap::lol:

Former Big Blue Screw driver myself. What a cut-rate, low-ball, underhanded trucking company that was. I started as a driver, trained, even bought a trick and hired on with them. Best move of my life was getting away from that den of thieves. How they sleep at night up there in Omaha is a mystery to me. Heard all the top brass were cut some big fat bonus checks from old man CL this year. Must be nice. Too bad the drivers got zilch.

So you got a local job huh? Smart move. I'm looking for one myself. I ran under my own flag for awhile but there's no money in being an independent anymore, at least no good money. Too many O/O willing to pay the shipper to haul freight. Too many cut-throat brokers. Government talking about hooking-up an EOBR in your truck. Just not worth it anymore.

I thought that was funny with the bonus checks b/c back when I was with Werner any time a driver mentioned low CPM and lack of miles management immediately pointed out "we're in a recession ,and we're all struggling " ...I never did buy that line of s h ! t ,and then this year after some of the highest fuel prices and slow freight CL found an extra million to pass out around those already making good $$$ ,but the drivers are still at .26 cpm on 48/can ,and probably got a thank you message via QC from CL .
Old 01-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
After I saw you had the complete Village People music catalog I didnt look any further. I was just glad I found the place. Just how many times HAVE you backed over your mailbox? The mail lady had to bring your Netflix selection of "IN and Out" right up to the house because you mailbox was so flat she couldnt slide it in there.

Oh the mailbox ...my nextdoor neighbor drives for Swift and parks the bobtail at the house ,and the postal employee that delivers my mail is a dude with long hair...How long have you been on the road without home time ? But I must confess I can't get enough of that YMCA .
Old 01-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Thumbs up

Quote:

Well, I gotta get going.
Jumbo, you are indeed a selfless trucker! As a tribute to you, for your service in helping save Big Jeep............I snapped this photo for you (left- handed reverse.) The true, one and only Racing Capital of the World!

Last edited by belpre122; 01-25-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Belpre, I am a great humanitarian. Saving Big Jeep was only part of my day. I also got a cat out of a tree (used a shotgun). Now where did I put that peace prize thing?