User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I don't know where you're from, or where you are located now. I have not heard whether Roehl out of Marshfield, WI is still doing new drivers or not, and I know that the last I knew, Millis out of Black River Falls, WI did new drivers out of school... But that was a while ago, before everything hit the fan. Don't know if you've tried them, but if not, you might give them a try. That is... As long as you didn't go through Swift's school in TN.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Rookie
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
I don't know where you're from, or where you are located now. I have not heard whether Roehl out of Marshfield, WI is still doing new drivers or not, and I know that the last I knew, Millis out of Black River Falls, WI did new drivers out of school... But that was a while ago, before everything hit the fan. Don't know if you've tried them, but if not, you might give them a try. That is... As long as you didn't go through Swift's school in TN.
I'm from NY, and in NYC now. I haven't been through any school yet. Never even looked at the industry until recently. The only driving I've done for other jobs has been stuff you don't need a CDL for. Though I have a feeling a rather unscrupulous boss at one of my previous jobs (information tech, not driving) had me driving rentals that should have required a class B (this thing was at least 24 feet long) that he didn't want to be caught in the driver's seat of at the tunnel and bridge checkpoints with his long list of DUIs.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Rookie

c.r. england is taking on 20-60 new students a week. starting from ground zero. we are growing. just signed many multi-million dollar contracts this year. bought all the d.h.l. trucks. im in the program right now. you dont need to relocate. lol. all you have to do is have a family member or friend let you use their adress for all your junk mail to go. if the company calls make sure they tell them that you live there. england has no hiring range either. im 340 miles away from the closest yard
Old 01-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkdriverlp View Post
c.r. england is taking on 20-60 new students a week. starting from ground zero. we are growing. just signed many multi-million dollar contracts this year. bought all the d.h.l. trucks. im in the program right now. you dont need to relocate. lol. all you have to do is have a family member or friend let you use their adress for all your junk mail to go. if the company calls make sure they tell them that you live there. england has no hiring range either. im 340 miles away from the closest yard
I was specifically warned to avoid that company in the thread here: http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/n...tml#post433850
Old 01-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Cant really tell you who is hiring, especially in your area.

Are you looking for companies that provide CDL training because you can't afford the price tag or because you think it will be cheaper, better, etc?

The best advise I ever heard was if the recruiter in the same breath mentions CDL training and leasing -- drop them.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm sure Werner is still taking in recent driving school graduates for Da free GUBB-A-MENT MONEY and cheap team set up of student/trainer .
Old 01-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dle View Post
Cant really tell you who is hiring, especially in your area.

Are you looking for companies that provide CDL training because you can't afford the price tag or because you think it will be cheaper, better, etc?

The best advise I ever heard was if the recruiter in the same breath mentions CDL training and leasing -- drop them.

I can't afford it. I've been out of work too long and there's just no way I could come up with the kind of cash it takes to get one. I'll keep a close eye out for mentions of leasing and try to avoid those.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gldm View Post
Though I have a feeling a rather unscrupulous boss at one of my previous jobs (information tech, not driving) had me driving rentals that should have required a class B (this thing was at least 24 feet long) that he didn't want to be caught in the driver's seat of at the tunnel and bridge checkpoints with his long list of DUIs.
Nope. They wont rent many of them trucks if you have to have a CDL to drive it. Its all about the GVWR. (Which is/suppose to be displayed on the side of the cab) IF it says 26,001 lbs or less...you do not need a CDL. The expedite company is work for has 1 or 2 trucks like that. They have a 24ft box. Counting cab and ultra small sleeper...truck is about 32 ft long, I think.

Somebody mentioned Roehl earlier. Talked to them a couple weeks ago. They were taking newbies then.

Last edited by JayMan; 01-22-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Board Regular

Have a friend who still trains at Roehl, and yes they are still taking students.

Secondly...I went through Roehl's training in 9/07, and it was an excellent program. Have also heard great things about Schneider's program...not all carrier owned schools are bad.....
Old 01-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB985 View Post
Have a friend who still trains at Roehl, and yes they are still taking students.

Secondly...I went through Roehl's training in 9/07, and it was an excellent program. Have also heard great things about Schneider's program...not all carrier owned schools are bad.....
It's been stated that Schneider no longer takes students.

I know that Millis "USED" to train, and if Roehl is still training, they do NYC, and if that's where he's located, it might work for him... Good luck.