User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
Yep, won't drive when bad weather is in the forecast, but has no problem putting his job on the line when some can't even find a driving job in this market all because he misses his little doggie?.....Classic
First off, dont put words in my mouth. I said i would not drive when SEVERE BLIZZARD was in the forecast, or when severe winds were coming. why would anyone risk driving a truck when drifts are blowing across the interstate are 1-2ft high, and plows are having a hard time keeping the road open. now THAT is 'classic'.

as far as other drivers not finding work........not my problem. Why should i be concerned with problems other drivers are having not finding work? should i now donate half my paycheck to every food bank i run across?

nice try getting me all worked up. try again.

This is my dog....how can you say no when she asks you to ride with you in the truck. ;-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mydog.jpg (67.1 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Kevin0915; 01-16-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired Trucker View Post
Dogs should have at least a 1 hour walk per day, how are you going to do this driving truck OTR and working all those sweatshop hours plus meals, showers, breaks, etc? Look around at all the morbidly obese drivers, edema of the legs, high sugar...sitting on your ***** all day is terrible for your health and well-being. If you want to confine yourself to an 8X10 rolling cage, that's one thing...don't do it to the dog.
Is that kinda like the argument that going to McDonalds makes you fat...so you are going to sue them?? yet you continue to eat McDonalds 5x a week?? What i find funny, is how drivers always find the closest parking to the building when at a truck stop. They will complain about having problems with their fuel card, and having to walk to and from their truck to the fuel desk one extra time. I agree....health of drivers is an issue. Pets need a good walk once a day.....MAYBE.... having a reason to get out and walk the dog might help with that lower leg circulation?

My dog is 4 years old this March. She does have the occasional accident at my folks house, but that is only when she is left for 3-5 hours alone. But if someone is there to take her out every hour or two, she never messes in the house. I have her trained to scratch at the door to go out, or when i say "outside?", she'll go running to the door if she needs to go out.

the hair in the heater? i can understand that. But if you have a dog that really really sheds bad. Mine dont.

I really want to find YMCAs, and get a bike to strap on the back of my truck, so i can run to the Y to work out or do something. The arguement of 'working sweatshop hours, driving 11 hours a day..." blah blah blah...dont fly either. You are required 10 hours of 'rest'. you going to tell me you pull over, and konk right out and sleep for 10 hours? What about end of the day paperwork? Highly doubt that anybody sleeps more than 8 hours....and if you do....you still have 2 hours.....THAT is when you walk your dog.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Rookie

I'd rather spend 24 hours in the cab of a truck with my dog than ten minutes with most people I meet. He may not be able to get me miles but I bet he smells better than most co-drivers. Not to mention, he won't bore me to death with stories about things I have absolutely no interest in.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
First off, dont put words in my mouth. I said i would not drive when SEVERE BLIZZARD was in the forecast, or when severe winds were coming. why would anyone risk driving a truck when drifts are blowing across the interstate are 1-2ft high, and plows are having a hard time keeping the road open. now THAT is 'classic'.

as far as other drivers not finding work........not my problem. Why should i be concerned with problems other drivers are having not finding work? should i now donate half my paycheck to every food bank i run across?

nice try getting me all worked up. try again.

This is my dog....how can you say no when she asks you to ride with you in the truck. ;-)
Well you actually said when snows is forecasted to "dump 4-6 inches" in an area you would not accept a load to that location...You and I have a vastly differet idea of what consttutes a blizzard .
Old 01-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Dogs should have at least a 1 hour walk per day, how are you going to do this driving truck OTR and working all those sweatshop hours plus meals, showers, breaks, etc? Look around at all the morbidly obese drivers, edema of the legs, high sugar...sitting on your ***** all day is terrible for your health and well-being. If you want to confine yourself to an 8X10 rolling cage, that's one thing...don't do it to the dog.
'high sugar' ?

I am assuming its something to do with calories sort of building up from lack of exercise

and poor diet..
Old 01-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth_bald View Post
I'd rather spend 24 hours in the cab of a truck with my dog than ten minutes with most people I meet. He may not be able to get me miles but I bet he smells better than most co-drivers. Not to mention, he won't bore me to death with stories about things I have absolutely no interest in.
To date.......easily the best CAD post of 2009! :clap::bow::bow:
Old 01-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
To date.......easily the best CAD post of 2009! :clap::bow::bow:

I second that
Old 01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
Is that kinda like the argument that going to McDonalds makes you fat...so you are going to sue them?? yet you continue to eat McDonalds 5x a week?? What i find funny, is how drivers always find the closest parking to the building when at a truck stop. They will complain about having problems with their fuel card, and having to walk to and from their truck to the fuel desk one extra time. I agree....health of drivers is an issue. Pets need a good walk once a day.....MAYBE.... having a reason to get out and walk the dog might help with that lower leg circulation?

My dog is 4 years old this March. She does have the occasional accident at my folks house, but that is only when she is left for 3-5 hours alone. But if someone is there to take her out every hour or two, she never messes in the house. I have her trained to scratch at the door to go out, or when i say "outside?", she'll go running to the door if she needs to go out.

the hair in the heater? i can understand that. But if you have a dog that really really sheds bad. Mine dont.

I really want to find YMCAs, and get a bike to strap on the back of my truck, so i can run to the Y to work out or do something. The arguement of 'working sweatshop hours, driving 11 hours a day..." blah blah blah...dont fly either. You are required 10 hours of 'rest'. you going to tell me you pull over, and konk right out and sleep for 10 hours? What about end of the day paperwork? Highly doubt that anybody sleeps more than 8 hours....and if you do....you still have 2 hours.....THAT is when you walk your dog.
That is exactly what I was thinking, there is plenty of time in the day for the dog to get exercise and might even give the driver a reason to get out of the truck and get some much needed exercise. Some of these guys act like when you are driving there is no time to do anything else. I have been monitoring this site for awhile now and I have never seen such a bunch of cry babies in my life. If you don't like the trucking industry then my advise to you is to get out of it, also if you did get out of it then stay out and don't post you negative thoughts here.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradesman View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking, there is plenty of time in the day for the dog to get exercise and might even give the driver a reason to get out of the truck and get some much needed exercise. Some of these guys act like when you are driving there is no time to do anything else. I have been monitoring this site for awhile now and I have never seen such a bunch of cry babies in my life. If you don't like the trucking industry then my advise to you is to get out of it, also if you did get out of it then stay out and don't post you negative thoughts here.
be careful tradesman, first off you agreed with me. Frowned upon my most posters here, just for the simple fact they dont like me (better get some nitol...to help me get my "Zzz"s, cause i wont sleep because someone dont like me) AND you are calling some liars because they think you drive 10 hours, and you are just so exhausted to do anything, much less walk a dog, and will knonk right out and fall asleep for 10 straight hours.

My question is, when do those drivers find the time to catch their log books up from the previous day?? ;-)
Old 01-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Partials of two sentences from Cold&Frosty that I can agree with. The rest of the words, are his typical "anti-driver" bs.

Animals don't belong in the truck. I know plenty enjoy their company..but it is unfair to the pet, and unhealthy for the driver.