User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Ummmmm....Hobo..If you take a closer look at the photo, not only is the right side of the trailer up against the trees, but the corner of the sleeper on the driver's side(you can't see the cab-extender), is firmly against the left side of the trailer. The only way the truck continued foreward, is if the driver continued causing severe damage to the cab and it's support system..

But...that is just how I see it.

Stan, I've looked at the photo, or I wouldn't have spoken. The trailer is NOT up against the tree TRUNKS.... only some branches. There is actually some room back there where he could have "blindsided" it back into the tree line a bit if he wanted to. Yes, the "extender" has been trashed, but that is a common sight on Swift trucks! :lol2:

His right front steer can actually go more to the right, while still keeping the left drives on the road. This would take the corner of the sleeper OFF of the trailer, and allow forward movement.

I didn't say there wouldn't be MORE damage than he has already caused. I said I THINK he could finish making the uturn.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
How could it be his only choice? He drove in there right? Seems to me if his way is blocked, his best bet is to back out. Even if it means calling the Police to block traffic.
Mike, I agree that backing out would have been the smarter move. I said IF.... IF.... it was his ONLY option, I believe it could be done. I didn't say it WAS his only option.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB985 View Post
Hrmmm...it's the way I see it too!

But we all know Hobo will never back down, or admit when he's wrong...so why try???
Tom, I HAVE admitted when I was wrong! Perhaps, you missed it since the last time it happened may have been BEFORE your "joined date." :lol2:

ROOKIE!! :lol2::lol2:

Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Tom, I HAVE admitted when I was wrong! Perhaps, you missed it since the last time it happened may have been BEFORE your "joined date."

ROOKIE!!
So...you either haven't been wrong in 2 1/2 years...or you just haven't admitted it in as long...which is it?

Most of that time you were here before me I was half-way around the world...making it difficult to see you admitting anything at the time.....
Old 01-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB985 View Post
So...you either haven't been wrong in 2 1/2 years...or you just haven't admitted it in as long...which is it?

Most of that time you were here before me I was half-way around the world...making it difficult to see you admitting anything at the time.....
The former.

Glad you made it home safely! If you were "serving," thanks for your service!

I was "half-way around the world once." You were probably in diapers.

Some days I feel like I'm older than Moses! :eek2::lol2:

Old 01-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Last night Swift driver ran over the side of the guys truck next to me in Loves at 201 exit I-75. He tore open the whole side of the guys truck. Couldn't drive it, had to be towed away. He was not backing in or out. He was driving along looking for a spot.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Stan, I've looked at the photo, or I wouldn't have spoken. The trailer is NOT up against the tree TRUNKS.... only some branches. There is actually some room back there where he could have "blindsided" it back into the tree line a bit if he wanted to. Yes, the "extender" has been trashed, but that is a common sight on Swift trucks! :lol2:

His right front steer can actually go more to the right, while still keeping the left drives on the road. This would take the corner of the sleeper OFF of the trailer, and allow forward movement.

I didn't say there wouldn't be MORE damage than he has already caused. I said I THINK he could finish making the uturn.

Hobo......If you look at the sleeper closer...your going to see that the sleeper itself is crushed by the trailer...not just the extender. Turning the wheels right and driving forward would just get the driver deeper into trouble

To bad there aren't pics from the extraction...those would show more than this pic does.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Stan, I've looked at the photo, or I wouldn't have spoken. The trailer is NOT up against the tree TRUNKS.... only some branches. There is actually some room back there where he could have "blindsided" it back into the tree line a bit if he wanted to.
Apparently you do not know what a trailer does when you are turning as tightly as this truck is attempting to.

Quote:
Turning the tractor slightly to the right (at best there is a foot and a half, and we don't know what the terrain of that 1 1/2' is) will not stop the trailer from continuing to move backwards the further he goes along in this boneheaded move.

Quote:
Given that "logic", then it is possible for him to make a U Turn anywhere he can get an object to move. Your argument is ridiculous. As usual.