User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
Dont lump those who DO give a rats azz about looking professional and not smelling unkempt. I always wear a hat. probably because the last thing on my mind is my hair. also, it lets me get away with not having to comb it before starting out the day,

Help me get this straight. You are comparing the kempt with the unkempt, and saying that YOU always wear a hat so you don't have to comb your hair?

The only time I wear a hat is when I haven't been able to take a shower and wash, dry and "style" what hair I have left! :lol2:

And, BTW.... I didn't read anything about a hat, or personal hygeine in this thread (until YOU brought it up.) Are you insinuating that O/O's don't bathe or wash their hair?

Maybe I read this wrong. I have seen nasty looking drivers get out of both O/O trucks AND company trucks.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
speak for yourself (edited). Dont lump those who DO give a rats azz about looking professional and not smelling unkempt. I always wear a hat. probably because the last thing on my mind is my hair. also, it lets me get away with not having to comb it before starting out the day, arriving at shippers and finals. I always have some Axe close by the left seat. and i ALWAYS say "please", "thank you", "ma'am" and "sir" whenever talking to a shipper/cosignee.

now i may have no tact on here, but i could really care less. But it is what i provide to the customers i drive for that counts.
Sigh..... what a fool you are......:roll:
Old 12-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
speak for yourself (edited). Dont lump those who DO give a rats azz about looking professional and not smelling unkempt. I always wear a hat. probably because the last thing on my mind is my hair. also, it lets me get away with not having to comb it before starting out the day, arriving at shippers and finals. I always have some Axe close by the left seat. and i ALWAYS say "please", "thank you", "ma'am" and "sir" whenever talking to a shipper/cosignee.

now i may have no tact on here, but i could really care less. But it is what i provide to the customers i drive for that counts.
And, this makes up for all the other things that customers look for, like prompt, on-time pick up and delivery? Freight that arrives undamaged? Things like that?

Old 12-16-2008, 01:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Help me get this straight. You are comparing the kempt with the unkempt, and saying that YOU always wear a hat so you don't have to comb your hair?

The only time I wear a hat is when I haven't been able to take a shower and wash, dry and "style" what hair I have left! :lol2:

And, BTW.... I didn't read anything about a hat, or personal hygeine in this thread (until YOU brought it up.) Are you insinuating that O/O's don't bathe or wash their hair?

Maybe I read this wrong. I have seen nasty looking drivers get out of both O/O trucks AND company trucks.
where did i even remotely compare the two? All i said was, and read carefully, that i want to present and appear professional. I stated that i wear a hat, because brushing my hair isnt my #1 priority. SO...i almost always wear a hat so i dont have to worry about it.

I can tell you from personal experience about O/Os who could care less about looking like a bum that just rolled out from under the bridge.

and Wind..? I never said "being professional is the only thing a driver needs to worry about". What i did say is that it was important. Man, some of you really need to weeeed.

And i am all about being 'on time' and 'prompt'. I was at a Final, where my appointment time was 8p. There was another Swift driver who had a 7p appointment (this place was busy, and only had one dock) He asked if i was his 7p, and i said no. Just then i look out and see another Swift driver pulling up. Me and this employee were walking out, and just trying to be funny (seeing how it was almost 7:10p) I looked at my watch and then said, "...you're late !! " She said "oh no i'm not" and the employee was right on her heels saying "oh yes you were". Deep down i was hoping he would reward me for my PROMOTNESS by giving me her dock time.

I do my best to get to the shipper and cosignee ahead of time. Sometimes appointment times cannot be changed, other times i can drop/hook and get on with my next load. So dont presume i dont know anything about what a customer wants.

oh, and dont tell me you have a problem with Dip Shatner. He is William Shatners 2nd cousin. =)
Old 12-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
And, this makes up for all the other things that customers look for, like prompt, on-time pick up and delivery? Freight that arrives undamaged? Things like that?
Take off the trucker hat just for a minute and put on the bean counter visor. How could Swift possibly have the extraordinary customer base it has if it wasn't producing the results? I've pulled loads that were 3 - 4 - 5 days late and wonder what you wonder myself. The reality is, of the hypothetical 10,000 loads Swift has on the road today, about 98% are going to be on time or even early. Yes. You, me and everyone else in the business is going to hear over and over about the late ones but you just can't ignore the upside.

On the other hand, Swift has OS+D docks at all the major terminals . . the "what is" . . is . . there is plenty of OS+D freight or why the heck would they have them, right? In five years, I've had one case of CoffeeMate returned from a (AG?) grocery warehouse in Bellevue, WA and one case of potato chips (which I gave to the lumpers) at McLane in Billings, MT. You can't just wag your finger and say "there go the freight destroyers!" It simply isn't true.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Yeah, this thread got way off topic.

anyways, to help re-rail it (is that even a word?) I hear to stay out of GA and the east coast. I hear PHX/AZ is doing pretty good, etc. When i was upgraded to solo, my DM and i agreed i should be put on the 910 comfort zone. within a week i was given a load to central NY. I really didnt want to take it, and i eventually accepted the plan. I get a BEEP back, and says invalid trip #, so aparently it was removed from me.

Now again, i sit for a day after dropping my last load at the Final, and thinking i really need to get OFF the 910. I really dont want to drive into LA or NY. And i really dont want to run into 6in of snow coming out of the Rockies. But with a new GPS ill be buying, taking a wrong turn wont be as bad anymore. And if i need to pull off when the roads get bad...well i guess i pull off.

I am still waiting on hearing back about how exactly a driver gets their load. what is the process from when the shipper decides they've got stuff to move?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:16 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah, this thread got way off topic.

anyways, to help re-rail it (is that even a word?) I hear to stay out of GA and the east coast. I hear PHX/AZ is doing pretty good, etc. When i was upgraded to solo, my DM and i agreed i should be put on the 910 comfort zone. within a week i was given a load to central NY. I really didnt want to take it, and i eventually accepted the plan. I get a BEEP back, and says invalid trip #, so aparently it was removed from me.

Now again, i sit for a day after dropping my last load at the Final, and thinking i really need to get OFF the 910. I really dont want to drive into LA or NY. And i really dont want to run into 6in of snow coming out of the Rockies. But with a new GPS ill be buying, taking a wrong turn wont be as bad anymore. And if i need to pull off when the roads get bad...well i guess i pull off.

I am still waiting on hearing back about how exactly a driver gets their load. what is the process from when the shipper decides they've got stuff to move?
Here is an easy solution to solve your problem of only wanting to take certain runs..... invest thousands of dollars for equipment, obtain authority, and obtain customers (not loadboards).......... Pretty simple huh ???? :roll:
Old 12-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Senior Board Member

you sure like to put words in others mouths. I did not say "i want to only make certian runs", what i DID say was there were a few areas i'd rather not ever see. This to say it wouldnt bother me in a year or two to go into LA? no.

Think you need to start reading and understanding what someone is actually saying, not just want you want to hear from them.

Last edited by Kevin0915; 12-16-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:53 AM
BANNED

Quote:
(edited), you sure like to put words in others mouths. I did not say "i want to only make certian runs", what i DID say was there were a few areas i'd rather not ever see. This to say it wouldnt bother me in a year or two to go into LA? no.

Think you need to start reading and understanding what someone is actually saying, not just want you want to hear from them.

No no no..... If you go back and re-read some of your asinine posts, you will find many instances where you and your waterhead thought process states that you will refuse loads if they go to a certain area......
Old 12-16-2008, 04:35 AM
Senior Board Member

please show me EXACTLY where i said "i will refuse loads if they go here". Just one. I have said when i first started, my DM and i agreed to keep me in the 910, and that a few days later i was given a load to central NY. Never did i say there, that i declined the load. I never accepted it right away, until the next morning when i DID accept it, but then that load had been pulled from me.

I have said I dont like the idea of going to LA or NY. I've also said i dont like the idea of running in the rockies with 6in of fresh snow on the ground.

Last edited by Kevin0915; 12-16-2008 at 12:58 PM.