User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 05:58 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
On my way to work last night I was on us-6 west in lakewood,co this was at 2230 mdt so the 6 lane section of highway is 3 ln E and 3 lane W was fairly empty with a speed limit of 65 mph I was doing 70-72mph or 5-7 mph over...I was passed by a red f-150 doing 85+ ,and about 1/2 a mile later I get a set of disco lights behind me ,and was pulled over ,well the officer asked if I knew why I was pulled over ...I said , No sir...His reply speeding ,and do you know how fast , And I replied no ...The officer stated 85 in a 65 ...Well that's a 20mph over and 6pt violation...This pisses me off b/c I have not done more than 5-7 mph over in almost 5 yrs . I know I could from experience in traffic court in my early days get an easy reduction to 2pt and 10mph over ,but I'm told that with a good drving record and a lawyer that it's possble dismissal or a drop to a non moving ...I'm also told that in Coloado part of the usual deal obtainable is driving school ,but you'll only get if represented by a lawyer ,So I'm spending $1000.00 for my traffic lawyer ,And now have wait to see how this shakes b4 I head off to CON-WAY'S orientation...I don't want to spend the $1000.00 ,but I know how the courts work here in this area of Colorado ,so best to play the game the way they like ,which is hiring familliar people of the DA to represent you...What a sham .
anyway 85, i take it you got an ungoverned pete,
Old 12-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr View Post
Had a 59/45 while i had my cdl learners permit... in my car that is.. went to driving school online and got it reduce to def. equipment... hell it worked for me!!
You were not a CDL holder then.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete421 View Post
anyway 85, i take it you got an ungoverned pete,

Got this little revenue generator out of a truck ...And when all is said an done it's about $1200.00 ,and somehow,and they know only a person who depends on a good MVR for their living will fork over that kind of cash .
Old 12-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
I had a ticket in a CMV in Chouteau Oklahoma in dec 2006 I paid $50 on top of the$94.00 ticket ,and they held the ticket for 6 months and as long as I did not get another in a 12 month period it was dismissed . .
I had/did a similar in Texas begining of the year. 18 over down that long hill West bound trying to beat curfew into Ft. Stockton. Got pulled up and after Troop wrote ticket was BSing with him, asked "how come pilot cars didn't get a ticket" He laughed and said "He11, that one in front was trying to get away from ya and the one in back was trying to keep up". Asked him if I now had to stay there as it was now full dark he said "No or I'll give you another ticket for illegal parking". He got behind us with his lights going for the last 10 miles into town.
Cost $400 for a local attorney (they must work cheap down there) and two faxes to sign off on it.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Eagle View Post
I had/did a similar in Texas begining of the year. 18 over down that long hill West bound trying to beat curfew into Ft. Stockton. Got pulled up and after Troop wrote ticket was BSing with him, asked "how come pilot cars didn't get a ticket" He laughed and said "He11, that one in front was trying to get away from ya and the one in back was trying to keep up". Asked him if I now had to stay there as it was now full dark he said "No or I'll give you another ticket for illegal parking". He got behind us with his lights going for the last 10 miles into town.
Cost $400 for a local attorney (they must work cheap down there) and two faxes to sign off on it.

Yeah OK was cheap ...But it was a set program pay the $50 with the ticket ,and it's done ...Colorado you need the lawyer and must grease more hands in the legal chain .
Old 12-05-2008, 02:22 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
If it was in a POV, you will NOT get a 60 day suspension for a second offense UNLESS it results in the revocation of your driver's license. Read table 2, column 2 of 383.51.

But, I would make SURE it gets reduced or dropped. Conway nor anyone else is gonna want to see that on your record.
\

See below...................

Old 12-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
\

See below...................
Everyone's already seen it, Bel. Is that all you have to contribute to this thread... or this board?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Everyone's already seen it, Bel. Is that all you have to contribute to this thread... or this board?

In my threads, even a belch adds depth to the topic...lol
Old 12-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Rookie

u should be able to do cheaper than 1200, heck my driver homie, the one that got the dui in the company truck in wisconsin only paid like 400 to fight a dui, my lawyer was 500 for the 74 in a 55 if i remember right........ps for the people not believing my heroin story in todays suburban chicago paper the daily herald a small blip about besides the usual cpd selling drugs and providing protection for drug dealers, a few cops also allegedly carried crack to plant on suspects, sound familiar, i hope it was that bald headed pig face cop that planted the sxit on me