User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Wow...what a time to bump this one...

On Saturday I had to relay a load to another driver in Hebron, OH. I was talking to him about it, since he got screwed sitting on this load until Monday, only to have it pay him for the 7 miles he'd drive to deliver it.

He said he wasn't too upset about it, because he needed to get his truck in the shop, as he felt his brakes weren't working right. When I asked, he explained to me how the night before, him and his wife parked their truck just forward of the fuel islands at the Pilot in Austintown, OH. He set just his tractor brakes, got out and went inside to find dinner. When they came out, his truck was GONE! He looked around in panic, and found it down at the bottom of the hill, over the curb. No real damage was done, but he did report it to Safety. The first thing they asked him was "Why weren't your trailer brakes set?" His only reply was "Nobody sets their trailer brakes!"

I explained this to a friend of mine, who has been driving for a few years longer than I. I said that I would have to wait for a service truck to come and free my brakes a dozen times than have my truck roll away just once....that driver I met very well could have killed someone...:roll2: