User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Log book helps keep the company clear if something should go wrong....
and it's what gets you hung should something go wrong and they find a falsehood or something
in your writing.

Guy in Minn is up the creek right now in federal court...4 (or 5) fatalities ...33 false hoods uncovered in his logbook.. up to 5 years for each violation

(PS:I have yet to find the reg stating you can drive outside of your 14 in order to find a "safe haven" when the customer tosses you off their lot once you deliver their product and by chance out of hours...anybody ??)
Old 10-27-2008, 12:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hellandback View Post
I'm leased on to a company that works the oil fields, 99% of the time I'm within 100 miles of the office.

Its there policy to log but legally i don't need to log and starting Nov 1st i will stop my log books and dicontinue logging. I realize the company i work for may let me go , what if any legal recourse will i have if they do?

Unbeliveable........... You deserve to be terminated.....
Old 10-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hellandback View Post
And we have been hearing that there are some guys that have refused to log for 6 months now and haven't been terminated.
If that is really true then they might have been just looking for something to blame it on.

Maybe..... they were told to let someone go, and YOU volunteer by not following co. policy.

They really don't need an excuse to let you go, but it helps.

In this economy I wouldn't be handing the employer a reason to choose you over others.

Think about it if they lay people off they have to pay unemployment but if you are justly let go, then well, sucks to be you, huh?
Old 10-27-2008, 12:17 AM

This IS stupid. Play by their rules or leave them. Seems simple to almost anyone. You say you heard some other guy said to hell with logging, so that's your grounds to snub your nose at those who sign your paycheck? Whatever. He may not have been fired but I guess you're willing to risk being the "example", that is, the first to get fired for it? This economy SUCKS right now. Get fired and you'll probably be unemployed for a LONG time. You will NOT be paid unemployment benefits if you are fired. "Insubordination" is a broad brush employers can paint your termination with. The state benefits office will see that and tell you to go hump a stump. If you have a family to support you better suck it up and do what you need to do for your family. Life sucks sometimes, and 99% of us do NOT get to do what we WANT to do for a living. I hope you wise up before your family pays for it. If you're single, well, then go live under a bridge for all anyone cares.

Remember, this economy SUCKS. You get fired or quit, well, the paycheck you are getting now is way better than no income at all.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:43 AM
Senior Board Member

If you dont like your job grow some balls and just quit. Dont make yourself some half ass martyr. Do your job or move on.

Last edited by Jumbo; 10-27-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Senior Board Member
Wink

Trucking companies in general wont pay you much attention unless you become a threat to

their security...