User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy failed my manuevers test twice and retesting in the am

Hey all I passed pretrip with a perfect score, but its like I get to maneuvers and i just get nervous and freeze. our school is a 3rd party testing site. On the first test day the examiner claims i moved the front cone, but i think otherwise because i could see the cone in the spot mirror and never saw it hit it. Either way i failed, so the school lets me retest today wednesday. Well I get though blindside, I used a lot of pull ups i get to alley dock and though i was too far back and i wasnt so i got a point for not being in the bumper box. So i had 17 points and failed. I retest in teh morning because now that class is over with and i dont want to get into the practicing only twice a week and start getting rusty. Even worse the retest is going to cost me a 100 bucks. I stayed and used a little bit of my 10 free hours and put it in blindside perfectly in practice. I dont know what it is but whenever i hear "test" i get nervous. I wasnt as nervous this morning but still failed maneuvers. What should i do to help me calm my nerves so i can pass tommorrow? Failing this morning by 1 point was a real shot to my confidence. All help is appreciated.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Wink

"they" say if you could swim a foot over your head..............you could swim 10,000 feet over your head............in other words if you did it before in the pratice yard........you can do it again on the "test" yard....
take your time...........enough to make ajustments......relax......and if your inclined to......send a prayer up...!!!!

BOL 2 ya.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 10-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa7272 View Post
Hey all I passed pretrip with a perfect score, but its like I get to maneuvers and i just get nervous and freeze. our school is a 3rd party testing site. On the first test day the examiner claims i moved the front cone, but i think otherwise because i could see the cone in the spot mirror and never saw it hit it. Either way i failed, so the school lets me retest today wednesday. Well I get though blindside, I used a lot of pull ups i get to alley dock and though i was too far back and i wasnt so i got a point for not being in the bumper box. So i had 17 points and failed. I retest in teh morning because now that class is over with and i dont want to get into the practicing only twice a week and start getting rusty. Even worse the retest is going to cost me a 100 bucks. I stayed and used a little bit of my 10 free hours and put it in blindside perfectly in practice. I dont know what it is but whenever i hear "test" i get nervous. I wasnt as nervous this morning but still failed maneuvers. What should i do to help me calm my nerves so i can pass tommorrow? Failing this morning by 1 point was a real shot to my confidence. All help is appreciated.
not knocking your school or anything but did other people fail too? I wonder how many fail twice and pass the third time after they pay the extra hundred? anyway take your time relax and you will be fine. like someone else said you did it before just do it again. try not to think about it being a test. the real test will be when the cones are actually two trucks etc.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Board Regular
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by got mud? View Post
not knocking your school or anything but did other people fail too? I wonder how many fail twice and pass the third time after they pay the extra hundred? anyway take your time relax and you will be fine. like someone else said you did it before just do it again. try not to think about it being a test. the real test will be when the cones are actually two trucks etc.
i was more relaxed today and still dont understand, there were 2 other people who failed the first time, one of them retests in morning before me. I tried not thinking about it as a test. didnt work. Tired avoiding caffeene before the test didnt work. i really just think greed at the school is setting in because why would someone who has taught you for 40 straight days and who knows you can drive and do maneuvers fail you by 1 point on a dmv test. its not like its a regular mva examiner who doesnt know me.

Im also starting to question the ethics of the school. Monday was a regular class day and noone who tested monday was allowed to practice before their test. Gee but everyone who had a test day on tuesday or wednesday got to practice monday.

one guy in the class before me had to retest 3 times on the road portion before he got it. (he had to pay 200 extra)

If i dont nail this in the am maybe its time to suck it up and just go to a cdl mill and have a slavery contract for a year. This is something i want to do and now im to the point where i think greed at school is setting in( after you exhaust all 10 hours of practice they start charging you 100 an hour) or just find a 3rd party examiner who will just write me a pass certificate for a few hundred.

Another thought: how does someone who goes through a school has perfect attendance and has a 95% average(and yes they give you a grade on maneuvers and road driving and coupling and uncoupling before the dmv test.) fail twice but some who has attendance issues and gets 60s 50s and an occasional 80 pass the dmv test???

Last edited by bigpapa7272; 10-08-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: needed to add a line
Old 10-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Good Luck in AM,

Just try to calm down and take your time.

This late in the "bottom of the Ninth" would be very wrong time to be attempting to try anything different for the first time- so I'll spare you any
"advice". Just be sure to focus on the "setup"-- it can make you or break you.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Try to think of it as a day of driving around with no freight.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:28 PM

Well, since you didn't say anything about this.

How many times did you G.O.A.L?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorlee View Post
Well, since you didn't say anything about this.

How many times did you G.O.A.L?
When I tested you were not allowed to get out and look, the signal of your done was pulling the brakes. Could that still be there?

I do wish the OP luck, and hopes he makes it.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Board Regular

Well Heres the update. I passed maneuvers with only 5 points. yay I went to the road test,

tell me if you think this is "danergous action" I was making a left turn at an interesection My tractor was halfway in the intersection, and the light turned yellow, so since if i would stop in the middle of the intersection i would be blocking traffic i started finishing my turn.the traffic coming the other direction gets the green and im still in the process of finishing my turn. So i stopped to avoid any of them hitting me. The examiner/school instructor failed me on the road test citing a dangerous action. There was a state trooper there sitting at the intersection, and seriously if it was that dangerous of an action i think he would have pulled me over and written me a ticket.

I am really staring to believe the school is trying to make money off of me now
my retest this morning was $100 and the retest on saturday is gonna cost me a 100.

the even worse thing is the school instructors know my abilities and still fail me.

once i get my cdl from this "school" I am staying far far away from them. Why would a school give me high marks on practical tests on road driving, and maneuvers and still fail me????
Old 10-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa7272 View Post
Well Heres the update. I passed maneuvers with only 5 points. yay I went to the road test,

tell me if you think this is "danergous action" I was making a left turn at an interesection My tractor was halfway in the intersection, and the light turned yellow, so since if i would stop in the middle of the intersection i would be blocking traffic i started finishing my turn.the traffic coming the other direction gets the green and im still in the process of finishing my turn. So i stopped to avoid any of them hitting me. The examiner/school instructor failed me on the road test citing a dangerous action. There was a state trooper there sitting at the intersection, and seriously if it was that dangerous of an action i think he would have pulled me over and written me a ticket.

I am really staring to believe the school is trying to make money off of me now
my retest this morning was $100 and the retest on saturday is gonna cost me a 100.

the even worse thing is the school instructors know my abilities and still fail me.

once i get my cdl from this "school" I am staying far far away from them. Why would a school give me high marks on practical tests on road driving, and maneuvers and still fail me????
Seriously...If you didn't have a left turn light...you should have stopped at the left turn stop line..not in the middle of the intersection. Remember...you were taking a Pass / Fail" road test. Yeah...in the "work a-day world" you could have and would have rolled out into the intersection to grab the turn...but for the test...you should have stopped at the left turn stop line.
Once you rolled out into the intersection you should have comleted the turn when it was safe...or when the light turned red...you should have cleared the intersection once you blocked it.