User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Congrats on passing the Maneuvering test. And good luck on road retest.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Seriously...If you didn't have a left turn light...you should have stopped at the left turn stop line..not in the middle of the intersection. Remember...you were taking a Pass / Fail" road test. Yeah...in the "work a-day world" you could have and would have rolled out into the intersection to grab the turn...but for the test...you should have stopped at the left turn stop line.
Once you rolled out into the intersection you should have comleted the turn when it was safe...or when the light turned red...you should have cleared the intersection once you blocked it.
Orange, he had the green and when he gotten out into the intersection it turned yellow. Which he had already passed the stop line. So he already owned the intersection. Yet he had a car not stopping so he stopped and after the car passed he cleared the intersection. So he did just what you suggested.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Senior Board Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastie View Post
Orange, he had the green and when he gotten out into the intersection it turned yellow. Which he had already passed the stop line. So he already owned the intersection. Yet he had a car not stopping so he stopped and after the car passed he cleared the intersection. So he did just what you suggested.

You didn't read what I said Coastie.

ME said: { If you didn't have a left turn light...you should have stopped at the left turn stop line..not in the middle of the intersection. Remember...you were taking a "Pass / Fail" road test.

If he did not have a left turn indicator on the traffic light...the tester failed him for rolling out into the intersection....Remember...This was a TEST.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa7272 View Post
Well Heres the update. I passed maneuvers with only 5 points. yay I went to the road test,

tell me if you think this is "danergous action" I was making a left turn at an interesection My tractor was halfway in the intersection, and the light turned yellow, so since if i would stop in the middle of the intersection i would be blocking traffic i started finishing my turn.the traffic coming the other direction gets the green and im still in the process of finishing my turn. So i stopped to avoid any of them hitting me. The examiner/school instructor failed me on the road test citing a dangerous action. There was a state trooper there sitting at the intersection, and seriously if it was that dangerous of an action i think he would have pulled me over and written me a ticket.

I am really staring to believe the school is trying to make money off of me now
my retest this morning was $100 and the retest on saturday is gonna cost me a 100.

the even worse thing is the school instructors know my abilities and still fail me.

once i get my cdl from this "school" I am staying far far away from them. Why would a school give me high marks on practical tests on road driving, and maneuvers and still fail me????
yes that would be considered a dangerous action. you must yield to oncoming traffic when making a left turn. if a car approaches and intersection while you are making that turn and has to yield to you then you are not operating in a safe manner. If you must stop your turn to allow a car to pass then the same is true. you did not allow yourself enough time. The tester is looking to see if you can operate a CMV safely. he doesn't expect you to be perfect but you must be safe. in other words cautious. He is looking to see if you are nervous or scared and if you can operate safely with you limited experience. you can't do the same things you do in your car. the CMV is just to big. you can't sit in an intersection when a light is yellow. you are expected to be able to judge if you will have enough time to COMPLETE the turn before the light turns Yellow. ( if you saw the light turn yellow then you still had about 60' of truck behind you not even in the intersection yet) like orange guy said. sit at the stop line until you can complete the entire turn with out any traffic approaching or with out the light turning. for test purposes unless you start your turn when the light turns green you will probably be waiting it out. it is better to sit through a green light waiting then to be aggressive and try to force a turn.

as for the guy knowing you know how to drive because he trained you, you can't look at it that way. when you were driving with him before he was telling you how to do it and making sure you were doing it safely. now he is looking to see if you broke those "car" habits and are actually driving the CMV safely. unfortunately in a stressful situation you will revert back to the "car" habits so you have to be mindful of that all through the test.

Take a deep breath, relax and don't put to much pressure on yourself. you are one test away from having your CDl. don't give up!!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Board Regular

Orange Yes I read that, but the problem was he already was in the intersection when the light turned yellow. I did talk with him via yahoo chat. And we discussed this. What he did was correct and the safe thing to do. He saw a car coming that was not going to stop so He stopped and allowed it to go then continued with his turn in a safe manner.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Board Regular

also a side note, one of the students who did their maneuvers test before me failed, he tried to be super trucker and put it in the back bumper box on alley docking and hit the the dock so he failed and has to retest on monday morning
Old 10-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastie View Post
Orange Yes I read that, but the problem was he already was in the intersection when the light turned yellow. I did talk with him via yahoo chat. And we discussed this. What he did was correct and the safe thing to do. He saw a car coming that was not going to stop so He stopped and allowed it to go then continued with his turn in a safe manner.

Coastie...Read what Got Mud posted...he wrote down what I was trying to get across without writing so many words. The tester did expect the truck to stop at the stop line in the turn lane...which is exactly what 4-wheelers are supposed to do as well. The stop line is before the cross-walks on laned roads for a reason...safety.

I sit through many lights for a reason. I'm more interested in safety than time.

Last edited by Orangetxguy; 10-09-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: sp
Old 10-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Coastie...Read what Got Mud posted...he wrote down what I was trying to get across without writing so many words. The tester did expect the truck to stop at the stop line in the turn lane...which is exactly what 4-wheelers are supposed to do as well. The stop line is before the cross-walks on laned roads for a reason...safety.

I sit through many lights for a reason. I'm more interested in safety than time.
Yes I agree if he already had the yellow light but he had the green Arrow light and turned Yellow after he started his turn
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa7272 View Post
also a side note, one of the students who did their maneuvers test before me failed, he tried to be super trucker and put it in the back bumper box on alley docking and hit the the dock so he failed and has to retest on monday morning
I never could understand why they don't let you get out and look or bump the dock when doing the alley dock test. When I am doing it IRL, not only do I get out and look, but I bump the friggin dock.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:02 AM
Board Regular

dont ask me on that one rev. seriously still think the dmv exam in md is striving for too much perfecttion out of a rookie the main things they should be worried about is hows your shifting and did you hit anything.