User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 01:57 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
You get what you give, and you've already given quite a bit.

It starts copping an attitude towards veteran drivers?

sorry, you get what you give. and if i feel like someone is giving me a 'tude, i give it right back. Ill be the first to show someone respect, but it is a two way street. too bad some of you think you can drive down both sides.

I bet, if i'm sitting at a truck stop, and you come up to me and climb up on my truck, i should just say, "um please mister driver, could you, um, please kindly step off my running board??"
Old 10-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
Haven't driven 11 hours..never said i did. But why stop when you dont need to use the men's room, or feel the least bit tired? I was fully rested, never got sleepy or bobbin' the head. If you need to stop every 2 hours for 15 minutes, ill be waiting at the shipper in your hole getting unloaded and watch you pull in an hour later.

Now i will be the first to tell anybody, i am not the best. Not saying i'm the best driver, but i'm safe. If i felt the least bit drowsy, you think i am dumb enough to keep going? How many of you HAVE??

Ok, " Why stop when you don't have to....."

Answer: " What do you think causes us-- "seasoned" drivers to have prostate problems-- commonly known as "TRUCKER's Brick"-- it's caused by doing exactly what your "bragging" about-- for YEARS on end. Too much Coffee, Soda to stay "awake" so we can drive-- those once-upon-a-time: West Coast Turn-Arounds.

If you're planning on staying in this "profession" and stay health-- my advice is to stop- get out and stretch you're legs ever so often. If you're still behind the when UNTIL you start to feel-- TIRED. #1- Your judgement is already impaired. #2) you'll find a couple walks in the fresh air-- will help you build your stamina so you can run safely-- longer. Remember, when you get to where you're going-- that's when you need to be at your BEST GAME-- so you can get off the interstate- safely nav the surface roads-- then MANOVER the rig at the customer and back er in. 3) Usually when you finally realize you're tired-- there's never a damn place to park that rig-- that's easy anyway.

And you won't be waiting at any shipper in my hole-- because remember, your first trainer didn't spend enough time "training" you to back up. And besides, you can have the dock-- I'll take the drop & hook while you're being DETAINED.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headborg View Post
Ok, " Why stop when you don't have to....."

Answer: " What do you think causes us-- "seasoned" drivers to have prostate problems-- commonly known as "TRUCKER's Brick"-- it's caused by doing exactly what your "bragging" about-- for YEARS on end. Too much Coffee, Soda to stay "awake" so we can drive-- those once-upon-a-time: West Coast Turn-Arounds.

If you're planning on staying in this "profession" and stay health-- my advice is to stop- get out and stretch you're legs ever so often. If you're still behind the when UNTIL you start to feel-- TIRED. #1- Your judgement is already impaired. #2) you'll find a couple walks in the fresh air-- will help you build your stamina so you can run safely-- longer. Remember, when you get to where you're going-- that's when you need to be at your BEST GAME-- so you can get off the interstate- safely nav the surface roads-- then MANOVER the rig at the customer and back er in. 3) Usually when you finally realize you're tired-- there's never a damn place to park that rig-- that's easy anyway.

And you won't be waiting at any shipper in my hole-- because remember, your first trainer didn't spend enough time "training" you to back up. And besides, you can have the dock-- I'll take the drop & hook while you're being DETAINED.
please go back and review when i started this 'additude'....i believe it was with your post questioning the reason why guys like me throw threads on here like this. And Vassago, tell me where it is a veteran drivers right to crap on the new driver? you think it is your RIGHT because you've been driving for 10-15+ years? (or whatever the number is) You should meet my old mentor, he didnt care about his appearance or how it represented him or the company. I am sure those same drivers i stand behind at truck stops who you can tell havent opened a shower door in a week think it is their right to make others partake of their odor because of the pecking order.

and as far as me 'bragging' about driving 9 hours straight, that was in responce to someone trying to tell me i cant drive. My current mentor has given me 5x more time backing, and i will have twice as many backs than the company asks for. Will i be the best at backing? no. Will some of you laugh at me when I get out of my truck and look? Sure....will i care? No. And if you are running from deadline to deadline, and taking time out at rest stops and "travel centers" so you are 'at your best' at the shipper, then by all means do it. I wont be worried if i feel the need to stop, then worry if i make my drop time on time. 90% of the loads i've been on have been D&Hs. So what? There will be down time when you get to the shipper from time to time because there will be a few having a 'bad day' and wont let you drop your load becuase you are 12 hours early. Kinda like a load i was on going to Walgreens. We got there, and they wouldnt let us drop. we had 12 hours to find a crapper somewhere in Minnesota. You'll take the drop and hook if that is how your company has the load set up.

Oh, and you might see some soda in my truck, but will never see any coffee. I dont/wont drink that to 'stay awake'. You will never see me buy any of those "5 hour energy" drinks to 'stay awake'. Tell me, who do you think is more dangerous on the road, all other things being equal.....the driver who NEEDS coffee and/or other 'high caffene' drinks to 'stay awake' to complete their run, or a driver who gets plenty of rest, excersise, eats right and is able to stay awake for 12+ hours without the need for a 'mid day nap'??

Last edited by Kevin0915; 10-05-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Why would anybody come up to you and climb on your truck? To ask you to straighten out a little so you aren"t taking up three spaces?
Old 10-05-2008, 02:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Why would anybody come up to you and climb on your truck? To ask you to straighten out a little so you aren"t taking up three spaces?

Old 10-05-2008, 02:25 AM
Senior Board Member

yeah, that was kinda funny. But you see, i actually paid attention during training to get my CDL. I actually will be considerate of other drivers, and wont take up more space than i need. I am a bit of a perfectionist...so you will NEVER see me with a crooked trailer, or sticking out to hinder another driver. I will always look presentable (and smell) and the interior of my truck will always be clean. I wonder how many drivers wish they would have taken more pride in their appearance and took a little time to clean off their dash when going thru a weigh station. you dont think sometimes the little guy in that building dont pull someone around because of a cluttered dash or a 'dirty' appearance?
Old 10-05-2008, 02:29 AM
Senior Board Member

And as far as getting my "hole" your sexual orientation is your business. I was wondering what you were gonna use the bat for. Your line 2 time I guess.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobry4u View Post
Thankyou. I will be here all week. Try the veal.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Senior Board Member

I got pulled around back of a weigh station this week. I thought he wanted to see my oversize permit. he wrote me a warning for not being clean shaven.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Senior Board Member

okay, some of you have hijacked my thread enough....thank you for your opinions.