User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoxland
well... I would like to thank those of you who had something to say that acually helped. To the rest im glad you stated your thoughts but i'm not sure at the moment if i really care. I'm sorry that i have to take meds to control an illness i have no control over. Do you think i just decided one day oh hey im gonna have clinical depression? NO!! far from it. Maybe some of you shouldnt be so quick to judge. Im sorry i even came to this board for help casue oh hey im not a truck driver and i didnt know. And lets remind our selfs im not equal to all of you casue i dont drive truck. I thought i could come here and at least get an answer with out getting flamed for having an illness i have no control over... but i can see now that trucking has changed since my grand father and father drove maybe for now im better off taking my MCAT score and going with it casue i havent been turned away by any company but i dont think after reading all of this if this is really they way i want to pay for med school
Well guess what numbnuts? You aren't the only truck driver who has ever been diagnosed as being depressed. I will admit freely that I have had a gun stuck in my mouth a couple times over the years. When was it the worst? When I was on medication to treat it. And nobody flamed you out. You are the one who got bent out of shape in the first place. Has trucking changed, You bet it has Blowhard. Why not getting a job in the medical field to pay for medical school?
Old 09-14-2008, 07:25 PM

i agree see if your doctor can switch your medication i would hope you dont stop taking your meds
Old 09-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Gotta' little secret to tell you, 2x!!

Most medikul skuulz rekwire you too be abel two rite on more than a kindergarten levul !!
:P[/color]
Skuulz our becuming leenient on gramer becuse nobady nose how two rite a currect sentens enymor.

(that was extremely difficult to write)
Old 09-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Gotta' little secret to tell you, 2x!!

Most medikul skuulz rekwire you too be abel two rite on more than a kindergarten levul !!
:P[/color]
Skuulz our becuming leenient on gramer becuse nobady nose how two rite a currect sentens enymor.

(that was extremely difficult to write)
Most physicians can not write so anyone can read it.
So scribbling is acceptable. All they need is CRAYOLAS :shock: :lol:
Old 09-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Rookie

sorry if this upsets you man but clinical depression is a way for drug companies to make alot of money not saying your not depressed but you can controll it there are so many good things in life that you can think about meds just make anybody a different person look at eric clapton man always looks depressed but he is happy and probally not just because he s clapton, if you want to drive truck then go out there drive truck talk to a shrink that cares about you not just trying to pad his pockets with drug companie money if here is a will there is a way hope every thing works out for ya with your carrer 8) :arrow:
Old 09-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Rookie

These people telling you that the meds are no good are spot on. A long time ago when I was near the end of high school, my mother kept sending me to all of these shrinks and clinics, pumping me full of meds and bullshit. It didn't seem to help.

One day, I grew up and realized that the world wasn't fair, that I wasn't particularly special, and that LIFE was a whole lot better than the alternative. I quit taking all those crappy meds, and I've never had a problem since then. Sure I've had bad days, been down in the dumps for a while, but it never took a pill to get me out of the funk. It just took myself getting over it.

Psychology has some good uses, but most of psychology and psychiatry is a sham, a ruse to dupe people into spending money in the hopes of feeling better about themselves. It preys on people who are already down and out, as these people are the easiest targets.

I have been there before, so I know this is probably a trying time for you. But I don't really feel sorry for you. The world is a hard place. Man up, and get over it. I'm not a doctor, maybe you do need the meds, but I doubt it.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJayhawk
These people telling you that the meds are no good are spot on. A long time ago when I was near the end of high school, my mother kept sending me to all of these shrinks and clinics, pumping me full of meds and bullshit. It didn't seem to help.

One day, I grew up and realized that the world wasn't fair, that I wasn't particularly special, and that LIFE was a whole lot better than the alternative. I quit taking all those crappy meds, and I've never had a problem since then. Sure I've had bad days, been down in the dumps for a while, but it never took a pill to get me out of the funk. It just took myself getting over it.

Psychology has some good uses, but most of psychology and psychiatry is a sham, a ruse to dupe people into spending money in the hopes of feeling better about themselves. It preys on people who are already down and out, as these people are the easiest targets.

I have been there before, so I know this is probably a trying time for you. But I don't really feel sorry for you. The world is a hard place. Man up, and get over it. I'm not a doctor, maybe you do need the meds, but I doubt it.

Hold it there for just a minute buster. You figured out the world isn't fair and that you have to deal with it all by yourself without doctors or drugs. What is next? You gonna tell him all he needs is a thicker skin?
Old 09-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Senior Board Member

....and you need thicker skin!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
I don't need thicker skin I already have my winter layer of blubber on. I am gonna be really warm this year.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
I don't need thicker skin I already have my winter layer of blubber on. I am gonna be really warm this year.
I would stay way south of Alaska this winter If I were you. :lol: :lol: