Old 07-03-2008, 01:21 AM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emac130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Let me see if I understand the questions posed by the OP.... The OP cannot get a CMV driving job due to a " vehicular homicide charge " from 5 years ago, the OP drove on a suspended license, but that was OK because the OP did not get caught..... Now the OP wants to own a CMV ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would suggest that the OP go find a job washing dishes at a Dennys..... :lol: :lol:

THe OP has no right to be a truck driver and I hope it that will never happen for the OP. There is no room in this industry for an individual of that caliber....
I see what kind of person you are, I have read other posts by you. You have made it so much more clear with this one. You don't have to judge me based on what I was charged with. If you knew me personally, you would know that I am NOT a person of that "caliber." You imply that I am a dangerous person which is far from the truth. I have been in the Army for the past 9 years, 3 active and 1 deployment. I even plan on going back in if things don't work the way I would like them to. As far as working at Denny's, that might be where you end up when you fail. For me, I can continue on with 6 more classes and complete my B.S. in IT Network Management. Even if I don't make it back in to trucking, I will not fall to the same level as you my friend. 8)

The least you could do is not respond if you have nothing decent to say. I posted here for advice, not criticism. If you want to tell me it's a bad idea, so be it.

Awwww........ :cry: :cry: :cry: got your panties in a twist because someone told you that you still do not deserve to operate a CMV ???

Don't get upset with me..... I have never killed, or even injured anyone or anything in a CMV or my personal vehicle in 27 years of driving.

But YOU HAVE !!!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Quote:
Homicide by vehicle is NOT a felony, it is a misdemeanor because there was no intent. Someone died as a result of an accident.
It can go either way depending on the circumstances.

Quote:
This does NOT mean I was reckless or deliberate!
Sadly I know and know of quite a few people who have been convicted of this and I have yet to see anyone charged with this offense where it was simply an accident with a fatality. There always seems to be at least one other serious contributing factor that goes along with it. Booze, drugs, excessive speeding, driving extremely too fast for conditions, etc. or often in the case of a truck driver a major violation of the HOS. Based on that I can not help but think there is a lot more to this saga than is being told.
According to my police report, it is a misdemeanor level 1.

No booze, no drugs, none of that. If you consider 5 mph excessive speeding, well then you all as truck drivers are guilty of the same crime. Countless times owner operators have driven well over the speed limit past me, or even tailgated me while I was in my car. Do not tell me it cannot simply be JUST an accident, because that is exactly what it was. Who here pulls into an intersection without looking both ways before entering. A green light does not always mean it is safe to cross traffic lanes. You must verify for yourself that nothing is coming, ESPECIALLY when there is a huge tractor trailer skidding up to the intersection with all 18 wheels locked up.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:31 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
ESPECIALLY when there is a huge tractor trailer skidding up to the intersection with all 18 wheels locked up.
Why exactly did the huge tractor trailer have to skid up to the intersection with all 18 wheels locked up?
Old 07-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Let me see if I understand the questions posed by the OP.... The OP cannot get a CMV driving job due to a " vehicular homicide charge " from 5 years ago, the OP drove on a suspended license, but that was OK because the OP did not get caught..... Now the OP wants to own a CMV ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would suggest that the OP go find a job washing dishes at a Dennys..... :lol: :lol:

THe OP has no right to be a truck driver and I hope it that will never happen for the OP. There is no room in this industry for an individual of that caliber....
I see what kind of person you are, I have read other posts by you. You have made it so much more clear with this one. You don't have to judge me based on what I was charged with. If you knew me personally, you would know that I am NOT a person of that "caliber." You imply that I am a dangerous person which is far from the truth. I have been in the Army for the past 9 years, 3 active and 1 deployment. I even plan on going back in if things don't work the way I would like them to. As far as working at Denny's, that might be where you end up when you fail. For me, I can continue on with 6 more classes and complete my B.S. in IT Network Management. Even if I don't make it back in to trucking, I will not fall to the same level as you my friend. 8)

The least you could do is not respond if you have nothing decent to say. I posted here for advice, not criticism. If you want to tell me it's a bad idea, so be it.

Awwww........ :cry: :cry: :cry: got your panties in a twist because someone told you that you still do not deserve to operate a CMV ???

Don't get upset with me..... I have never killed, or even injured anyone or anything in a CMV or my personal vehicle in 27 years of driving.

But YOU HAVE !!!!!
Good smart comeback there genius, I guess I am talking to a 40 year old child.

Yes, I may have killed someone accidentally, but for you to talk to someone the way you are is ignorant. This is not a joke to me, but I can see that it is to you. You have nothing better to do out there all by yourself so you respond like a fool to trucker forums to get your jollies off. You have been a loser for 27 years and you always will be.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
ESPECIALLY when there is a huge tractor trailer skidding up to the intersection with all 18 wheels locked up.
Why exactly did the huge tractor trailer have to skid up to the intersection with all 18 wheels locked up?

I dont think I have ever seen the steering wheels lock up
Old 07-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, it was stupid of me not to explain further. I honestly did not recognize that there was a traffic light at this intersection. I just went through a traffic light seconds before this light. It was an ugly day, I was negligent, I did not see the light. You don't have to bash me for it, I already know how stupid this is. I just don't get why people on here can make this into a joke, harass me about it, and not give advice. If the only advice I can get is to go away, I will.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Sorry, it was stupid of me not to explain further. I honestly did not recognize that there was a traffic light at this intersection. I just went through a traffic light seconds before this light. It was an ugly day, I was negligent, I did not see the light. You don't have to bash me for it, I already know how stupid this is. I just don't get why people on here can make this into a joke, harass me about it, and not give advice. If the only advice I can get is to go away, I will.
You have to realize that accidents like this make things more difficult for everyone else. When you are asking questions about actively seeking to get back behind the wheel, it rubs many people the wrong way. Believe me, I'm one of the people it is rubbing the wrong way, however I am choosing to reserve my comments. I think it is a bit pretentious of you to complain that others aren't.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
we are just trying to show you what you are up against. in these days of crooked lawyers and sue happy people, companies arent going to want to take a chance on you , they dont know you, they only know you were charged and thats enough to scare them off..
Old 07-03-2008, 02:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

But YOU HAVE !!!!!
Was that really necessary?
Old 07-03-2008, 02:33 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTheTerrible
Quote:

But YOU HAVE !!!!!
Was that really necessary?
Ok....you go ahead and coddle the OP and hold his hand.

I for one as a professional and a small 3 truck carrier who has a ISS-2 rating of 34 do not want an unsafe non-thinking indivdual operating a CMV on the roads that our families and friends travel everyday.

If that thought process and voicing that opinion view makes me a bad guy..... Well ........ " Say hello to the bad guy !!! "