User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 06:32 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
For me..there isn't anything better than a feast on the beach, that includes Dungeness crab, razor-clams, butter clams, rock fish, oysters, pacific jumbo shrimp, and mussels...all fresh caught! It was not uncommon for us to take the boat down to Westport WA, run out about 1/2 mile past the jetties, and set 4 crab pots and 4 shrimp pots, fish for rock fish while letting the pots soak.....and by mid afternoon, having 7-12 crab that were all "keepers" 1 1/2 to 2 gallons of shrimp, and half a dozen or so fish. Run back into the marina to get the fish & shrimp on ice and the crabs settled into livable water...go out to a bay east of the marina and rake up some oysters, go to the beach and dig up both variety of clams...and by 7 in the evening be boiling the crab & shrimp..steaming the butter clams & mussels (which we harvested of the pilings at the marina, while building the fire), roasting the fish along with potatoes and corn on the cobb. We bar-b-qued the oysters in the shell, and fried the razor clams, after cleaning them and cutting them into strips. Wash it all down with ice cold Red Hook. No better way to spend time with friends and family.
Geez, sounds like a beer commercial. :P But, man oh man, does it sound tasty!

Old 06-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Board Regular

Orangetxguy...you sound like you must have grown up on the "Harbor"...Grays Harbor on the Washington coast that is. Must have been something good to make you leave that part of the beautiful Washington coast.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soladad
Orangetxguy...you sound like you must have grown up on the "Harbor"...Grays Harbor on the Washington coast that is. Must have been something good to make you leave that part of the beautiful Washington coast.
No Sola...was raised in Montana. Lived in the Tacoma area for 20 years. From my house, using the back roads to olympia, then down to the coast, was a 2 1/2 hour drive, pulling the boat. A bunch of friends and I & my family, used to run down to West Port every 6 weeks or so. Depended on the weather.

Left Washington because I got tired of the cold..and the people in the Puget Sound area....NOT a nice place to be a truck driver.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
No Sola...was raised in Montana. Lived in the Tacoma area for 20 years. From my house, using the back roads to olympia, then down to the coast, was a 2 1/2 hour drive, pulling the boat. A bunch of friends and I & my family, used to run down to West Port every 6 weeks or so. Depended on the weather.

Left Washington because I got tired of the cold..and the people in the Puget Sound area....NOT a nice place to be a truck driver.
it is beautiful up there, i used to live in Centralia and we would go up to Hoods Canal for oysters all the time, high school friends dad had a house on the water.

i left because that damp cold would just kill my leg after the motorcycle accident. the metal platers in my leg would just suck the cold right into the bone
Old 06-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Would a coffee thermos work?
Sealable, strong container, easy to store and can be kept handy.
I've never owned one and I don't know how the medicine comes.
My thinking is that you put cold drinks in it stays cold, hot stays hot?
Just a thought!