LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 06:12 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Ten bucks says is begins something like this "Step out of the vehicle please."
And ending with something like "please lay down on the ground face down with your hands behind your head or I will be forced to tase you, sir."

Old 06-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct77
Dont know how may times I have moved over to the left lane when I see an emergency vehicle on the side and some yo-yo 4 wheeler will then pass on the right, Have wondered if I just straddled the lanes and prevented moron behind me from passing on the right(until I am past the traffic stop) if that might not create a safer situation preventing yo-yo from passing but I am sure that would be considered an improper lane change. Times like that I sure miss the no passing on the right like they have on the Autobahn.
In most places, you aren't supposed to pass on the right!

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderman
One of my friends who works for the same company as I do, pulled out of Rhome and Hass in Houston loaded with monomers. He turned the corner and got on the service road, looks back to see the local yocal trying to pull him over on the 55 mph service road. My friend hits his flashers and dialed 911 told the dispatch he didnt recognize the type cop trying to pull him over and he was afraid to pull over (hijack the load)
within minutes he had 3 state troopers there pulling over the local cop. My buddy kept driving till he found a safe place to get off the road, The state troopers followed with the local cop who eventually apologized for trying to pull over a placarded load in traffic. My buddy is a little nuts but I think I would have kept driving too, some places are just not safe to stop...wonderman
I've had one 4-wheeler do that to me on I-76 in CO. The cop was changing a tire for a woman, and I moved over to the left. As soon as I did, a 4-wheeler came out from behind me and started passing on the right. As we went by the cop and the woman, the 4-wheeler was about at my drives... And, the spare tire (or the flat one, I don't know which) rolled out into the right lane. The 4-wheeler hit it, lost control, went off the road into the weeds, and ended up on it's side.

When I stopped to see if they were ok, the cop smiled at me and said I could go. But when he was talking to the folks in the 4-wheeler, his face was bright red, and the veins in his neck were sticking out. I'd like to have been a fly nearby and know what he had to say.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Senior Board Member

This is why you need to be extra, extra cautious around stopped police cars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEkYkm55bwk&NR=1
Old 06-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct77
Dont know how may times I have moved over to the left lane when I see an emergency vehicle on the side and some yo-yo 4 wheeler will then pass on the right, Have wondered if I just straddled the lanes and prevented moron behind me from passing on the right(until I am past the traffic stop) if that might not create a safer situation preventing yo-yo from passing but I am sure that would be considered an improper lane change. Times like that I sure miss the no passing on the right like they have on the Autobahn.
If I see something going on ahead of me on the right shoulder and there's a 4-wheeler coming up behind me, that's what I do - straddle the line. That keeps the idiot from passing me on the right and also allows me to get right back over as soon as I pass the issue.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:43 PM

It's just you!! :wink:
Old 06-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Rookie

You have to take in consideration where the driver (offender) stops their vehicle, for the most part they are mad and will stop in the most unlikely of places, just to inconvenience the officer.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Board Regular

as much as we would like to lend a hand to making the roads safer for the boys in blue, understand that straddling the zipper is probably illegal. I do all i can to stay legal, and others are responsible for their own actions.
if i do something illegal to block someone else from doing something stupid, I am responsible for doing something illegal with my vehicle.