User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evinrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Uturn is right...it is not milage pay that causes speeding in a construction zone(or anywhere). After all 4wheelers arent paid by the mile...are they! Everybody is in a rush...everybody...How you are paid, has nothing to do with it.

I beg to differ,,if I was paid by the hour I would slow down.
IF you were a "professional," you would slow down!! NOT only because it is the LAW.... but because it is the SAFE thing to do!

I really hope you FIND that perfect "hourly" job.... and SOON! Right now, your priorities are screwed up..... and your attitude makes you a danger on the road. :roll:

Don't blame me, Blame the company,because they pay me by speed, the faster I go the more I make.

I with you on that....I had a interview today, for an hourly job at a diamond mine... pays $34 per hour with a define benefit pension and paid health benefits.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Board Regular

The hourly argument may/may not apply to drivers but there are screw all more four-wheelers out there who wouldn't be swayed by that argument one way or the other. Those are the ones you can really count on to do something stupid.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Board Icon

Evinrude said:

Quote:
Don't blame me, Blame the company,because they pay me by speed, the faster I go the more I make.
NO. I will NOT blame the company (as YOU do) for your lack of professionalism! The fact that you continuously DO SO, proves my point!

I won't rehash the "pay by speed" thing. You didn't "get it" the LAST time. You took a job which comes with good and bad. Because YOU think you should be paid MORE, you sacrifice safety for profit! And, rather than admit your motives.... you blame the company!

You definitely have the "punch the clock" mentality that so many of US reject! I'm surprised you haven't quit trucking for a factory job by now!

I hope you get that "local gig" at the mine. Is that trucking? Or mining? Either way.... I just can't WAIT to hear what you'll find to complain about then! I'm SURE it will be something that is obviously the "company's" fault! :roll:

Oh.... and IF you ever see that #34/hr.... let me know! Even "I" might sell my OTR soul for a local dumptruck gig for that kind of money! At least.... for a while! :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
The hourly argument may/may not apply to drivers but there are screw all more four-wheelers out there who wouldn't be swayed by that argument one way or the other. Those are the ones you can really count on to do something stupid.
Like WHAT? Speed through a construction zone? So what? Happens everyday on every road! How does that really affect US if we are doing our job safely?

I gotta tell ya, folks..... I'm getting a bit bored with this idea that 4wheelers are the ONLY stupid drivers out there. I go coast to coast every week, and I just don't see all that much of it. Sure.... there are a few bad ones out there. I probably see a few everyday! So what? I am watching them! I am prepared for nearly everything they might do. I am IN CONTROL of my rig, and what THEY do barely affects me.

But then.... I am not on the cellphone all day long, or jammin' to tunes so loud that I can't hear the traffic around me. And, I'm not still saying, after a few years on the road, that I STILL have problems or worries about driving a big rig. Anyone who isn't comfortable with their rig after six months to a year, MIGHT shouldn't be driving one. :roll:

I'm not "busting" on YOU, Ronin. This is just one of my "general" rants! :lol:

I've seen WORSE driving out of the so-called "professional" truck drivers everyday, than I see from the majority of 4wheelers. Don't forget.... when off duty.... WE are 4wheelers, too! I was/am an excellent 4wheeler driver, and I see the same problems with ALL drivers on the roads today.

Driving anything takes confidence and awareness. I guess I just don't understand why SO MANY on here have SO MANY problems with traffic! It just sounds to ME like too many people are driving big rigs who don't have the skills or confidence to RIDE A BIKE! :shock: :lol:

Can't back? Can't turn a corner? Can't shift? Can't handle traffic?

Maybe these people just CAN'T drive a truck!! :roll:

Rant off..... Hobo's out! :lol:

Old 06-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

Oh.... and IF you ever see that #34/hr.... let me know! Even "I" might sell my OTR soul for a local dumptruck gig for that kind of money! At least.... for a while! :wink:[/quote]

Its rock bolting, and drilling... hands on work. There is $20 per hour bonus for underground work for a total $54....beats the hell out of OTR...But I don't have the job yet....
Old 06-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Oh.... and IF you ever see that #34/hr.... let me know! Even "I" might sell my OTR soul for a local dumptruck gig for that kind of money! At least.... for a while! :wink:

Its rock bolting, and drilling... hands on work. There is $20 per hour bonus for underground work for a total $54....beats the hell out of OTR...But I don't have the job yet....[/quote]

Yeah.... and you don't have "black lung" yet, either! But, I hear companies can BUY it for 34 to 54 bucks an hour! :lol:

You can HAVE that job! I LIVE in a cave! I won't WORK in one! :roll:

No offense intended, Evinrude. IF you can do that job, and be happy, I'm all for it! We are not all the same!

I joined the Air Force to FLY HIGH, and to see parts of the world I'd never seen! I surveyed for oil in the Mountains and wildernesses of the West, because I LOVE open spaces. I drive a truck O-T-R for some of the same reasons!

I got laid over this week in Colorado. Got paid SQUAT for it! But, I enjoyed every minute of it! Money has NEVER been my first motivator in life..... though I've always made better than the "average."

I DO hope you get that job. I want you to be happy! Griping about your job / pay everyday is a miserable way to live! And people who are miserable, make eveyone AROUND them feel the same!

Trucking is NOT for everyone! You have proved that. You gave it a shot.... and that's more than MOST would do. I wish you the BEST!

I won't call YOU a fool for making the choices that make YOU happy.... and I'll expect the same courtesy concerning MY choices in life.

Hobo

Old 06-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Evinrude said:

Quote:
NO. I will NOT blame the company (as YOU do) for your lack of professionalism! The fact that you continuously DO SO, proves my point!

I won't rehash the "pay by speed" thing. You didn't "get it" the LAST time. You took a job which comes with good and bad. Because YOU think you should be paid MORE, you sacrifice safety for profit! And, rather than admit your motives.... you blame the company!

You definitely have the "punch the clock" mentality that so many of US reject! I'm surprised you haven't quit trucking for a factory job by now!

I hope you get that "local gig" at the mine. Is that trucking? Or mining? Either way.... I just can't WAIT to hear what you'll find to complain about then! I'm SURE it will be something that is obviously the "company's" fault! :roll:

I hate it when I have to agree with you, hobo. :cry:
Old 06-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Board Regular

I agree....Different life styles...I want to make the most amount of money in the shortest period of time,,, more time to do things I want like golf, hockey, ect and live life. OTR life style in not for me.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I agree....Different life styles...I want to make the most amount of money in the shortest period of time,,,then I more time to do thing I want like golf, hockey and golf ect and live life. OTR life style in not for me.
Well..... why didn't you SAY you wanted more time to Golf!! NOW I understand you completely! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I can't fault your desire to make a bundle quickly and retire early.... if that's what you mean. I just hope you will still HAVE the ability to golf and play hockey after you've "dwelled" in the mines for years on end! And, I HOPE you don't fall prey to the motivation that MORE money is never ENOUGH! :wink:

But, it is YOUR life. I appreciate that you have at least admitted that OTR is not for YOU. Now.... quit trying to blame US and the "industry" for a lesson well learned!

And again, with all sincerity.... I wish you the BEST!

Old 06-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I hate it when I have to agree with you, hobo.
:lol: Sorry about that, Rev!! I KNOW it must be painful! I will TRY not to be so rational in the future! It's really not my style anyway! :lol:

BTW..... I "slummed" over to the O/O thread earlier. Sorry about the fenders! Truck looks good! LOVE the "mood lighting!"