User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Driving from Altoona to Murrysville, PA on Rt. 22 with an empty flatbed. Normally is a 2 hour trip. That day, it took me nearly 4 hours.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Rev.Vassago

Remember, though. NEVER mix Super Secret Hazmat™ with ping pong balls. Deadly combination.

That was never a problem for me, I don't have a ping pong ball endorsement on my CDL
And she keeps me satisfied"

"As if you ever knew what it was taking you down the line..."
Old 06-02-2008, 05:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat
So your saying it's so super secret, they had to make a conspiracy to cover up the super secret hazmat recert test... Damn I want my super secret hazmat just so I can have an excuse to go swimming more often!
Just be careful around foggy swimming areas youngblood. :wink:
ops: I should of seen that coming!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm used to snow and ice being based in the midwest.

What gives me the willies is driving down south in an ice storm.

Back in '04 there was a winter storm going north from Dallas. I was traveling on I-35 into Oklahoma and the storm left between an 1/8 and a 1/4 inch of ice on the pavement. I've never seen so many vehicles of all types in the ditch--vehicles that I could see going into the ditch--or just bouncing off each other, restraining walls, going down steep inclines, etc. It was rather unbelievable.

After deciding to call it a day by mid-afternoon, I was plumb tuckered-out (I was haulin' an empty van trailer). Slept really good during that 10-hour break!

Just recalled another time years ago traveling south on I-94 just past the Flyin' J truckstop near Milwaukee, WI. It was March or so and things were starting to warm up. However some morning fog froze on a bridge and left some ice on a 100-yard stretch. At the time I was driving a 2-axle delivery truck. I was in the right lane (3-lane interstate) and a semi was in the middle lane right beside me. We all saw the glare of the ice on the road as we approached the bridge. Well the 4-wheelers just kept going and one of them decided it was a smart (!) thing to hit the brakes. He (or she) proceeded to do a 360 about 50-yards in front of us. That caused another 4-wheeler to jam on the brakes (!) as well. They both ended up in the left lane and the semi and I just glided right by them--still neck-and-neck.

I remember looking at the driver next to me and he looked at me. I think we both were "asking" one-another: "Did you wet your pants too?!" :lol: