User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Observation

Look at this:

Welcome to Western Star Transportation, the largest LTL refrigerated carrier in Southern California. With 125 trucks, 155 trailers, nearly a million cubic feet of cold storage and over 60 years combined experience in the transportation industry, we've got the equipment and experience to serve your shipping needs.

Our customers - many of them long-term relationships that go back 25 years - have become accustomed to WST's high quality service. With the high cost of inventory and the challenging economic environment of business today, we strive to offer service that's second to none.

http://www.westernstartransportation.com/

My question is....

If you have 500 trucks and 850trailers one might get the impression

that there is alot of 'drop and hook and roll'...

Western Star (who am I am still looking into)...has 125 trucks and 155

trailers....that leaves the impression of alot of 'Waiting' and Live Loads.

Do any of you get this same vibe or am I reading to much into it :?:
Old 05-25-2008, 02:23 PM

with 125 trucks and 155 trailers, you won't see much D&H. I'd suspect you would get a little bit of it at the companies cold storage facility, but that will be about it. On customer docks, you'll be lve load / unload. I also notice that they consider themselves an LTL carrier, so you'll see a lot of docks. If you're looking for a lot of D/H work, than multi pick, multi drop LTL probably isn't going to suit you too well (even truck load in reefer can involve a lot of multiple pick or drop loads.)
And she keeps me satisfied"

"As if you ever knew what it was taking you down the line..."
Old 05-26-2008, 01:01 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipy46
Western Star (who am I am still looking into)...has 125 trucks and 155 trailers....that leaves the impression of alot of 'Waiting' and Live Loads.

Do any of you get this same vibe or am I reading to much into it :?:
The vibe I get is being at the doctor's office, and the doc tells you to drop your shorts...when from behind, to your horror, you hear the SNAP of a latex glove!! AAAAIIIIIEEEEEE! "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..." :lol:

Takes a special breed to haul multi-stop produce. Lots of hammer-down and wait around. Those cut-rate westcoast chickenhaulers always roll with chromed-out rooster cruisers. And they always pay crap. But if it's miles you want, then you've come to the right place.