User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I remember this vid from awhile ago. The driver told police and his company he was just trying to get out of the way. Best thing he could have said even if it was the other way around.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Cops are not going to ask you to stop a vehicle. Never take orders over the CB. Period.

Thats your reason to be fired right there, regardless of the fact 2 trucks were damaged in this video.
Horsehockey.

Well, let me back up a bit. They won't ask you to crunch your rig. They will, and they have, and they will again, ask for a roadblock. I've been in a squad car when the Sgt was asking for one.

In spite of what the driver said, in this case, it would not surprise me at all if truckers had been asked for a block. That car very definitely had time to stop before engaging in paint transfer.

And if I'm EITHER trucker in this situation, as soon as that car comes to a stop, I'm bailing. I want a whole lot of truck and concrete between me and any possible gunfire.