User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 06:07 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Countryhorseman,

Thanks for the reply I got side tracked and started reading other threads :lol:

I printed up the info you posted and called my tax guy. I read to him the tax info about HOS. He told me he still wanted the location and times I was stopped. I told him that I would then fax him from my home computer each page of my log. He said please don't just write it down. I am on a extension since he figures I will be getting money back. I think this year will be his last year doing my taxes.

It's a shame, he started doing my Grandfathers and my dad's taxes many years ago so he has been someone I've seen for a few years. But..... my money is pretty important and I don't think he has a very good clue about the trucking and taxes.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 05-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Senior Board Member

this guy is going to cost you money, I know i've been there. Have him check with the IRS about per diem for HOS the important part is HOS!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
Countryhorseman,

Thanks for the reply I got side tracked and started reading other threads :lol:

I printed up the info you posted and called my tax guy. I read to him the tax info about HOS. He told me he still wanted the location and times I was stopped. I told him that I would then fax him from my home computer each page of my log. He said please don't just write it down. I am on a extension since he figures I will be getting money back. I think this year will be his last year doing my taxes.

It's a shame, he started doing my Grandfathers and my dad's taxes many years ago so he has been someone I've seen for a few years. But..... my money is pretty important and I don't think he has a very good clue about the trucking and taxes.

Thanks,

Paul
When I married my wife, and her accountant started doing my taxes, he had minimal idea about truck drivers and the additional steps needed to properly do out taxes! Luckily, unlike many, he is a great guy and very open minded, and excepted my lead on where to find the information! Now, I just do a simple spread sheet by the month with number of nights out and the breakdown of the $52.00/75% - he gladly punches this in to the rest of it! I also do a spreadsheet with incidental expenses and categories that they may fall into!

With all that, the house, the kid, the farm we get everything back that I have paid in over the last 3 years!

Good luck with you accountant! Do not give up on him so quick, he is just set in his ways and needs some nudging in the right direction! If all else fails, you can always find a good trucking accountant to review your return and file a amended return if additional refund is found!

CH
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA