User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Somehow, I managed to make it to page 5 before it just got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore.
I used to think I had to drive as hard as I could, and push everything to the absolute limit.
I don't remember who made the specific post, but they had it absolutely right.. any time I did save by driving faster was lost and then some some other way, whether it be increased equipment maintenance, not being able to wake up when my alarm went off because I was so tired from the previous night, or whatever else.
A lot of what I've read in this thread really is a crock, and those of you who expect to make $700 extra in a week by having a faster truck need to be knocked upside the head until a void is formed, which can be filled with a little bit of common sense.
What else is there to say? If two to three miles per hour is going to be such a crippling economic blow to you, then it's not very likely that your paycheck was particularly impressive in the first place. Perhaps a change of venue is in order?

Old 05-22-2008, 03:38 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTheTerrible
Somehow, I managed to make it to page 5 before it just got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore.
I used to think I had to drive as hard as I could, and push everything to the absolute limit.
I don't remember who made the specific post, but they had it absolutely right.. any time I did save by driving faster was lost and then some some other way, whether it be increased equipment maintenance, not being able to wake up when my alarm went off because I was so tired from the previous night, or whatever else.
A lot of what I've read in this thread really is a crock, and those of you who expect to make $700 extra in a week by having a faster truck need to be knocked upside the head until a void is formed, which can be filled with a little bit of common sense.
What else is there to say? If two to three miles per hour is going to be such a crippling economic blow to you, then it's not very likely that your paycheck was particularly impressive in the first place. Perhaps a change of venue is in order?

Well that's exactly what all of us experienced drivers were trying to explain to some of these guys...but they just seemed incapable of comprehending that fact & insisted on using examples that were not only unrealistic, but totally devoid of reality. It became obvious to me that they had likely never driven a mile in a truck! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know how it is.... we might have been born at night...but not quite last night! And since they we unable to dazzle us with their "brilliance" they tried, without success I might add, to baffle us with their "bull"!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 05-22-2008, 03:50 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

deleted: double post...

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"