User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 02:58 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Parking at Wally World

Has anyone here tried parking in Wal-Mart stores? They have a policy of allowing RVs to park in their lots at most stores. I know the one by me has an RV section.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:09 AM
Rookie
Default wally world parking

some of them do enforce the no-idle policy and they will come knock on your door, I've parked in many and never had them tell me i had to leave though. You want to park as far away as you can though, I've parked at some smaller ones and opened the curtains in the morning to find myself almost blocked in by 4-wheelers, usually look for something around back, just make sure their drivers can get in and out.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:20 AM
Senior Board Member

I suggest parking at super centers only-- and park in front up at the end of the rows-- that way you have a better chance of getting out-- I tried parking one time "for shopping" around back-- and they actually DONT allow that-especially over nite-- they always have containers and Merchandise back there--and actually security doesn't want ANYONE back there-- and especially someone with a overside vehicle that blocks/obstructs some of their building mounted cameras--as well as I think they are concerned You might LOAD something and take off.

Please, I beg you-- don't run over their shopping carts- or telephone polls or hit customers cars or dump or discard you Piss Bottles or worse on their lot--

It quickly gets US banned from parking/shopping there. Be considerate.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:22 AM
Board Regular

don't park at the one in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, even if your shopping there. Its a $50 ticket.

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 04-25-2008, 03:37 AM
Senior Board Member

the supercenter in calexio, california allows parking as long as you're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back near the china buffet. if you park within the regular lot, you'll be asked to leave, even if you're a paying customer. in yuma, the supercenter that's just north of the yuma int'l airport allows parking, but not in the front. park in the rear of the store. there's plenty of room back there. page, arizona's supercenter also allows parking. however, i prefer to park in the big ol' dirt lot next to the bridge at the glen canyon dam.

the supercenter at lower buckeye & s. 75th avenue in tolleson/phoenix no longer allows trucks to be parked there for any reason. you'll get a ticket for doing so. if the truck is unattended, it'll be towed at your expense. another supercenter that's a no-no is the one in north las vegas off of cr215 & us95. there's absolutely no room for tractor-trailers to go in and out of the front. even with a bobtail, it was difficult going around the parking lot.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Last year I sent an e-mail to Wal-Mart corporate asking if there was any corporate wide rules concerning parking at the stores. The response that I got back was that each individual store has their own rules concerning truck parking.

I know the Wal-Mart in Lancaster TX has a 2 hour limit - but I'm not sure how strongly that is enforced. The one down here in Ennis allows parking but they do not want you to park in the "front parking lot".
Old 04-25-2008, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dle
Last year I sent an e-mail to Wal-Mart corporate asking if there was any corporate wide rules concerning parking at the stores. The response that I got back was that each individual store has their own rules concerning truck parking.

I know the Wal-Mart in Lancaster TX has a 2 hour limit - but I'm not sure how strongly that is enforced. The one down here in Ennis allows parking but they do not want you to park in the "front parking lot".
http://www.allstays.com/c/wal-mart-locations.htm

This link lists the current WalMart stores and which ones allow or have the facilities for parking. They are listed by state. I just wasn't sure if they differentiate between RV and tractor trailer, hence the thread.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Wytherville, Va

don't park over beside the Lowes-- it's a $50.00 ticket too.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Some Wal Marts actually have Truck parking built into the lot.

Vandalia, IL, I 70 exit 61 and Effingham, IL I 57/70 Exit 160 are two around here that do.

Some Wal Marts have banned truck parking because of problems with the trucks. Idiots leaving trash on the lot, tearing up things on the way in and out, not parking as far out as possible, etc. Other Wal Marts that do not allow truck parking do so because of local laws.

Interesting Mt Vernon, IL was brought up. They used to allow truck parking back before it became a Supercenter, but due to having a small lot the had a sign posted telling truckers it was OK to park there between 10 pm and 6 Am but that they had to be off the lot by 6. Well of course every day they had to go out and wake up drivers telling them to move and more than once had to call the cops because the employees were threatened so they put a stop to it.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Some Wal Marts actually have Truck parking built into the lot.

Vandalia, IL, I 70 exit 61 and Effingham, IL I 57/70 Exit 160 are two around here that do.

Some Wal Marts have banned truck parking because of problems with the trucks. Idiots leaving trash on the lot, tearing up things on the way in and out, not parking as far out as possible, etc. Other Wal Marts that do not allow truck parking do so because of local laws.

Interesting Mt Vernon, IL was brought up. They used to allow truck parking back before it became a Supercenter, but due to having a small lot the had a sign posted telling truckers it was OK to park there between 10 pm and 6 Am but that they had to be off the lot by 6. Well of course every day they had to go out and wake up drivers telling them to move and more than once had to call the cops because the employees were threatened so they put a stop to it.
yeah, I love that Vandalia wally world supply stop-