User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have alway's found it rather un-nerving, that a local government can legislate who may shop at any store. I can understand having ordinance's that restrict parking for longer than a specific timeframe, but to specifically exclude shopper's who happen to drive large vehicle's is bordering on blatant dicrimination.
What if they said, "no red car's can shop here", or only American made car's can park here.
Of course, it has been the case that some driver's don't care about the local surrounding's and dump trash and other thing's on the parking lot. They figure, "let someone else clean this up".
Shortly after the new Supercenter opened behind the regular store in Evanston, WY, I saw a guy throwing pallet's out of his trailer on the edge of the lot. He looked around then drove off. Guess he figured he wouldn't be back there, so it was OK to do.
These people get us thrown off more lot's than anything else.

As for sleeping on Walmart lot's, I personally don't do it. I plan thing's a little better than that. They are grocery store's, not truck stop's.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Senior Board Member

The Walmart Super Center in Sydney, NE has truck parking spots and if those are full you can park at the Sapp Bros across the street.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

I delivered to Walmart stores for 15 months all across Oh,Ky,Pa and MI.

In Michigan there were several stores with strict noise ordinances. 1 in Detroit threatened a $10,000 fine if you pull on thier lot before 7am.

Watch out for Walmarts that have homes built right off the parking lot, usually the ones with a fence seperates the walmart parking lot from the backyards of homes. Those stores often have noise ordinances that run from 10pm-7am. There are not too many out there but look out!!

&&DONT DROP URINE IN PARKING LOTS 8) 8)
Old 04-26-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Some Wal Marts actually have Truck parking built into the lot.

Vandalia, IL, I 70 exit 61 and Effingham, IL I 57/70 Exit 160 are two around here that do.

Some Wal Marts have banned truck parking because of problems with the trucks. Idiots leaving trash on the lot, tearing up things on the way in and out, not parking as far out as possible, etc. Other Wal Marts that do not allow truck parking do so because of local laws.

Interesting Mt Vernon, IL was brought up. They used to allow truck parking back before it became a Supercenter, but due to having a small lot the had a sign posted telling truckers it was OK to park there between 10 pm and 6 Am but that they had to be off the lot by 6. Well of course every day they had to go out and wake up drivers telling them to move and more than once had to call the cops because the employees were threatened so they put a stop to it.

I was parked at the Vandalia, IL Wal-Mart earlier this evening.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:01 PM

Face it I'm in maintenance at a papermill management told us that maintenance is a necessary evil,hated but needed.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Senior Board Member

in union gap, washington next to the gearjammer truck stop, you can park in the mall parking lot between lowe's and the mall itself. union gap police department is across the street and they won't say a thing. man, i haven't been to union gap since the summer time. i'm missing it. there's also a real good burger joint along the main drag of that town. it's within walking distance to the truck stop. mmm, this makes me hungry. :P
Old 04-26-2008, 04:44 PM

Yeah we stop at the WM in Vandalia every week to stock up; love that one!! You also have a great one with LOTS of truck parking (and they love truckers there) at exit 237 on I-80 in NE. In NM there's one in Gallup you can park at, or in Winslow AZ on I-40 exit 253 with truck parking. If it's full there's a truck stop next door as well.

And I totally agree with headborg: don't leave any of your crap laying out there and return your shopping carts and don't be a lazy bastard! It all helps to us being able to continue to park and shop there instead of them banning us. I can't blame WM for banning truckers if all they do is toss piss bottles all over the place. :roll:
Old 04-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe500
I have alway's found it rather un-nerving, that a local government can legislate who may shop at any store. I can understand having ordinance's that restrict parking for longer than a specific timeframe, but to specifically exclude shopper's who happen to drive large vehicle's is bordering on blatant dicrimination.
What if they said, "no red car's can shop here", or only American made car's can park here.
It isn't the local governments legislating anything. It is the businesses who are putting up the no parking signs, and the local police who are enforcing it.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe500
It isn't the local governments legislating anything. It is the businesses who are putting up the no parking signs, and the local police who are enforcing it.
SI`
Old 04-28-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix
in union gap, washington next to the gearjammer truck stop, you can park in the mall parking lot between lowe's and the mall itself. union gap police department is across the street and they won't say a thing. man, i haven't been to union gap since the summer time. i'm missing it. there's also a real good burger joint along the main drag of that town. it's within walking distance to the truck stop. mmm, this makes me hungry. :P

Oh, yeah! Miner's. Best darn burgers on the planet.

It helps that they're roughly the size of your wheel rims!

I have to admit, though, I liked them better before the modernization.

Been eatin' there for 25+ years, not about to stop now!