User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

With fuel at $4.00 a gallon, and deadheading costing nearly $2.00 a mile...I'd imagine that may change in the future.....
Old 04-13-2008, 06:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB985
With fuel at $4.00 a gallon, and deadheading costing nearly $2.00 a mile...I'd imagine that may change in the future.....

so true... just watch 'em-- You'll start seeing more and more- Swing thru the house on this load please-- and your 2 days earned time off will start shrinking...and shrinking.. to 34-- then maybe less-- after all-- you still got to deliver that load on time, and "we can't re-schedule the customer comes first" sorry charlie, maybe n 2 weeks we will be able to work you by Home with a little more time. Thanks...
Old 04-14-2008, 01:09 AM
Senior Board Member

uhhh, whats the dif between taking schedualed home time and doing a 34 hr at home? haven't had schedualed home time for over a year. my current job allows me to pass thru home 1-2 times a week. if i want more home time i have load reschedualed before i accept it to allow extra time. if all i want is a hot meal and to sleep in my own bed well i just pull into my driveway and toke my 10 hr break. it helps to live in new mexico on i-40 right in the middle of my east coast-west coast run tho. well not quite east coast. still taking a 34 hr break at home is not like i am losing home time.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choperbob
uhhh, whats the dif between taking schedualed home time and doing a 34 hr at home? haven't had schedualed home time for over a year. my current job allows me to pass thru home 1-2 times a week. if i want more home time i have load reschedualed before i accept it to allow extra time. if all i want is a hot meal and to sleep in my own bed well i just pull into my driveway and toke my 10 hr break. it helps to live in new mexico on i-40 right in the middle of my east coast-west coast run tho. well not quite east coast. still taking a 34 hr break at home is not like i am losing home time.
You 'toke' your 10 hr break?!? :?: :!: :?: :roll: :shock: :lol:
Old 04-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by choperbob
You 'toke' your 10 hr break?!? :?: :!: :?: :roll: :shock: :lol:
I thought it took longer than that to get out of your system!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: