Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Restarts (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/33429-restarts.html)

Whammo 04-12-2008 07:22 AM

Restarts

Do they count as "Home Time"? I am guessing no.

Malaki86 04-12-2008 11:25 AM

If you're at home, then yes, they count as hometime. If you take a restart on the road, then, no.

mdf1576 04-12-2008 11:52 AM

most of the time you are home long enough to restart, then back in the truck.

TK THE TRUCKER 04-12-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86
If you're at home, then yes, they count as hometime. If you take a restart on the road, then, no.

Like you said EXCEPT if I just luck of the draw happen to get a load that delivers near the house and it would be situation where I would normally do a restart. There's no way I'm using my earned home time to do a restart at home if I happen to be by there when I'm not scheduled for time off. But when home for scheduled time off then it does count as home time. 8) 8)

Uturn2001 04-12-2008 01:00 PM

With most companies a restart on the road does not count as time off unless you have requested to take time off in a location other than your home 20.

Whammo 04-12-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
Quote:

Like you said EXCEPT if I just luck of the draw happen to get a load that delivers near the house and it would be situation where I would normally do a restart. There's no way I'm using my earned home time to do a restart at home if I happen to be by there when I'm not scheduled for time off. But when home for scheduled time off then it does count as home time. 8) 8)

Okay, I think you got the gist of what I was saying. If I get a load near my house and it is possible to make my hours work out so I need a restart, if it isn't scheduled they cannot call it home time?

matcat 04-12-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whammo
Quote:

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
Quote:

Okay, I think you got the gist of what I was saying. If I get a load near my house and it is possible to make my hours work out so I need a restart, if it isn't scheduled they cannot call it home time?

That is a bit iffy, as a lot of companies (especially under a load) have policies about parking at or near home while not on home time. If you take a restart at home, they may or may not count it as home time, depends on the company, but if you are no where near home, and you take a restart, I doubt there are any companies out there that would consider that home time.

TomB985 04-12-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matcat
That is a bit iffy, as a lot of companies (especially under a load) have policies about parking at or near home while not on home time. If you take a restart at home, they may or may not count it as home time, depends on the company, but if you are no where near home, and you take a restart, I doubt there are any companies out there that would consider that home time.

Strange...I've taken loads home frequently...Did Swift not let you? Why?

matcat 04-12-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB985
Quote:

Originally Posted by matcat

Strange...I've taken loads home frequently...Did Swift not let you? Why?

Well swift specifically will not let you go home under a load if its High Value, JIT, and I believe hazmat.

Uturn2001 04-12-2008 07:19 PM

When I was with Swift they would let you stop by the house under load (not JIT, haz mat or high dollar) but when they sent you home for time off they tried to do it empty.