User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default mph

The month of March I averaged 58 mph. Not many people can do that in a 66 mph truck. But the only time I ever open the left door is to get fuel.
Run hard now while you are young. Then when you get older you can take it easy.

Go ahead all you naysayers call me a liar...but until you have run with me you wouldn't understand.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Board Icon

Dollar, I prolly don't want to know the answer but I will ask anyways, what do you do about the bathroom? Hold it for 11 hours or more?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Rookie

I always figure a trip based on 50 mph. This gives me time for bathroom breaks and lunch. I drive a 63 mph truck.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinocat
I always figure a trip based on 50 mph. This gives me time for bathroom breaks and lunch. I drive a 63 mph truck.

I really don't understand why everyone has to tinkle so much. I go to the bathroom in the morning and at night. The rest of the day is spent driving non stop unless I fuel or take a 10hr break. I refuse to pee in a bottle so I have myself set on a routine of morning/night bathroom visits. The rest of the day the left door is closed and I'm truckin'!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona911

I really don't understand why everyone has to tinkle so much. I go to the bathroom in the morning and at night. The rest of the day is spent driving non stop unless I fuel or take a 10hr break. I refuse to pee in a bottle so I have myself set on a routine of morning/night bathroom visits. The rest of the day the left door is closed and I'm truckin'!
I get a 24oz coffee at the beginning of my shift. I have to stop and "tinkle" about 2-3 hrs later. After that, I SIP soda for the rest of the day and generally don't have to "go" again. But, I STILL stop at least one more time to check my load and/or reefer temp and to exercise my LEGS.

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is a REAL threat to long haul truckers. By the estimates in http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2004/604_vein.html, and my calculations, between 1 and 2 thousand truckers probably get DVT every year, and between 1 and 2 hundred of them will DIE as a result. I don't plan on being ONE of them, and I wish some of you would take precautions as well.

Getting sleepy and wrecking your truck is another danger of "keeping the left door closed."

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona911
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinocat

I didn't mean i have to go a lot. I like to get out and walk around. I'm getting old and my legs hurt if i don't stop to walk and the truck i drive doesn't have the most comfy seat. anyway I still get to my appointment time on time every day. I'm regional so i don't get those multiday trips.