User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunNGun
Thier staff is the primary reason for how I see them. More than likely it's just that one Sage.. pray it be.. I went there as a prospective school.. and they refused to give anything beyond very basic information until I had applied to the school. To me, that's like marrying some broad before you even know who she is.. and that sure as hell ain't happening.
What school did you end up going to and who are you currently driving for?
Old 04-06-2008, 05:38 PM

United States Truck Driving School, and May Trucking
Old 04-06-2008, 06:43 PM

RunNGun - yup, because of their reputation. I talked to carriers, I talked to truckers, I looked online, I talked to the WIA people (school has to meet certain standards or they won't approve the grant), Etc.

In other words, I didn't jump into it blindly. Sure, there were the odd and end people to badmouthed - but they said the same for EVERY school. The only school they did NOT slam was the carrier-run school THEY provided.

Now, THAT needs a lot of thought, doesn't it?

The videos are indeed boring - many of them way over the edge into awful. But the *information* in them is important. It's cheaper and more efficient to use video instead of physically demonstrating the same stuff on the range.

As for the instructors, I have no complaints. They're professional, ex drivers, and can answer just about any question asked. If they are wrong, they admit it (at least, mine do) and correct the presentation if need be.

Before I signed on, I got answers to all my questions. Details on costs, time, class size (as best they could), etc. I got no evasions, no "we can't tell you that yet" etc.

After class convened, one of our guys had a hard time with getting his CDL permit (language issues). The instructors worked with him and he's now got his permit. AND he's still current with the rest of the class.

So, yeah. I'm happy with them, and would still recommend them to anybody who wants into the industry
Old 04-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Rookie
Location: Permanently in Colorado, currently in the Middle East

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond. I'm closer to 60 than I am to 50, so I know not everyone will agree on anything, including what school or company is the best. I appreciate all input. You guys rock.