User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Tax System Sucks!!!!

I't always seems like I always get a little annoyed when tax season rolls around and my wife and I pay out the A$$ in Federal and State income tax and the guy working next to me pays almost nothing. It just does'nt seem fair to us that we support other tax payers( nonpayers as this senario will show).

The Senario,,,
1, wife and i show 153k in income
pay 15k in fed taxes
pay 4600 in state taxes
pay 4200 in property tax
total of $23,800 paid in taxes for 07'

2, co-worker showed 65-70k in income(wife does not work)
pay 0 in fed taxes
pay 0 in state taxes
pay 0 in property tax (renter)
total of $0 paid (he said he literally got back every thing he paid in 13k)

He has a wife and 6 kids

Now i'm left scratching my head going WTF!!!!

Then the economic stimulas package comes out and we will be lucky if we get the $1200 for a married couple but for sure he will get $3000 for his family.(last time i checked those 6 kids did'nt pay any taxes)

Anyhow, I thought I would ask hard working middle class America what you think about this senario.

BTY, we do feel blessed for the position we are in but on the flip side we want all americans to pull thier wieght and no one household should carry a much bigger tax burden then the next. It was not easy getting to this point after both of us working for 30 years only to get screwed by the government.(one reason I'm not a democrat)

Can I adopt 3 or 4 crack babies and raise them on $23,800 and maybe get 600 to 1200 a month from the government for doing so????

Gotta go, stations are out of gas!!
PEACE OUT, 8) 8)
FUELMAN
Old 03-18-2008, 07:14 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Man, you're going to get butchered on that one. :shock:

Old 03-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Rookie

WOW, are you for real. Tell me this is a joke or a thread intent on stirring up a sh-- storm.

You state your income as that of more than double your co-worker. That individual is scratching out a living, with six children, on less than half of what you and your spouse are. Yet, you come on here and play this woe is me crap, wish I had your problems.

Tell me economics expert, how do you fix the problem and make it fair for everyone else? Keep in mind, we all are not as blessed as you are to be in a position to support two people on less than half of what I support a family of three on. Tell me how you'd make that scenario fair.

My suggestion, get a CPA or find a better one if you are using one.

Sorry, I don't normally post. I use this site as research for a new career, but this kind of set me off. Not to mention the "crack baby" comment, I won't even get into how shallow a comment that was.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:38 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

You come across in your initial post like your co-worker (or anyone like him) is some sort of welfare suckler. Whether or not that is your actual intention, that's how it comes across.

For your info, my wife doesn't work either. We raise 7 kids and make it on what I earn, which isn't any earth shattering amount and less than your coworker. The only debt we have is about half a mortgage and 1 car. We save, invest in a 401K, and are careful about our expenditures. Come tax time, we typically don't pay a whole lot on the federal level (which is how it should be), though state is a different animal.

So tell me why you feel that is wrong? Because my wife choses to be an at-home mom? Or because we have 7 children in a blended family, which gives us a few more deductions than you? My question really is, where do you come off thinking we aren't pulling our weight?

By the way, I am a republican and I don't agree with the economic stimulus package at all. I think it's wasted money and when the government hands it out, we won't be stimulating anything other than our bank account.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
You come across in your initial post like your co-worker (or anyone like him) is some sort of welfare suckler. Whether or not that is your actual intention, that's how it comes across.

For your info, my wife doesn't work either. We raise 7 kids and make it on what I earn, which isn't any earth shattering amount and less than your coworker. The only debt we have is about half a mortgage and 1 car. We save, invest in a 401K, and are careful about our expenditures. Come tax time, we typically don't pay a whole lot on the federal level (which is how it should be), though state is a different animal.

So tell me why you feel that is wrong? Because my wife choses to be an at-home mom? Or because we have 7 children in a blended family, which gives us a few more deductions than you? My question really is, where do you come off thinking we aren't pulling our weight?

By the way, I am a republican and I don't agree with the economic stimulus package at all. I think it's wasted money and when the government hands it out, we won't be stimulating anything other than our bank account.

You mean to tell me there are 7 little flyers running around? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 03-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Default Re: Tax System Sucks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelman
I't always seems like I always get a little annoyed when tax season rolls around and my wife and I pay out the A$$ in Federal and State income tax and the guy working next to me pays almost nothing. It just does'nt seem fair to us that we support other tax payers( nonpayers as this senario will show).

The Senario,,,
1, wife and i show 153k in income
pay 15k in fed taxes
pay 4600 in state taxes
pay 4200 in property tax
total of $23,800 paid in taxes for 07'

2, co-worker showed 65-70k in income(wife does not work)
pay 0 in fed taxes
pay 0 in state taxes
pay 0 in property tax (renter)
total of $0 paid (he said he literally got back every thing he paid in 13k)

He has a wife and 6 kids

Now i'm left scratching my head going WTF!!!!

Then the economic stimulas package comes out and we will be lucky if we get the $1200 for a married couple but for sure he will get $3000 for his family.(last time i checked those 6 kids did'nt pay any taxes)

Anyhow, I thought I would ask hard working middle class America what you think about this senario.

BTY, we do feel blessed for the position we are in but on the flip side we want all americans to pull thier wieght and no one household should carry a much bigger tax burden then the next. It was not easy getting to this point after both of us working for 30 years only to get screwed by the government.(one reason I'm not a democrat)

Can I adopt 3 or 4 crack babies and raise them on $23,800 and maybe get 600 to 1200 a month from the government for doing so????

Gotta go, stations are out of gas!!
PEACE OUT, 8) 8)
FUELMAN
If it makes you feel any better, I managed to eek out almost $30k last year (2007) and I will be getting a refund of just shy of $400 from taxes and $1200 from the stimulus package.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:05 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
You mean to tell me there are 7 little flyers running around?
Yep, ranging between 5 and 15. But we cheated...it's actually more like the Brady Bunch. We each have 3 children by a previous marriage and 1 together. So there's two right at 15 (2 months apart), two 12's (2 days apart), two 10's (6 months apart), along with our own 5 year old. So it's the Brady Bunch +1.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
You mean to tell me there are 7 little flyers running around?
Yep, ranging between 5 and 15. But we cheated...it's actually more like the Brady Bunch. We each have 3 children by a previous marriage and 1 together. So there's two right at 15 (2 months apart), two 12's (2 days apart), two 10's (6 months apart), along with our own 5 year old. So it's the Brady Bunch +1.
I am never leaving my house again.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:11 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
I am never leaving my house again
That's probably a good idea. My two oldest are going for their driver's permits on Saturday. You're safer indoors.