User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 03:15 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Just remember to take everything here with a grain of salt...lots of differing points of view here.

And something most of us can agree on...IGNORE anything posted by ColdFrostyMug :evil: ...he labelled anyone not doing his career of choice as a sucker, and nobody really paid any attention to him.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB985
Just remember to take everything here with a grain of salt...lots of differing points of view here.

And something most of us can agree on...IGNORE anything posted by ColdFrostyMug :evil: ...he labelled anyone not doing his career of choice as a sucker, and nobody really paid any attention to him.
Just to let you know Coldfrostmug told it how it was. What did he ever lie about??? Long hours, low pay, Not getting paid for 1/2 the stuff you do. The list goes on and on and on.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 03-14-2008, 03:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

I thought he brought up some very valid points. Some people just choose to be blind to the truth. :roll:
Old 03-14-2008, 04:40 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Quote:

I thought he brought up some very valid points. Some people just choose to be blind to the truth. :roll:
He may have had some valid points, but nobody wants to listen to somebody who is so negative about everything. Current otr drivers don't want to be told they are stupid and we newbies don't want to constantly hear how much otr is gonna suck. It's not that we want everything sugarcoated or want to be blind to the truth, we just prefer posters who can tell the good with the bad. I've always been a 'glass three quarters empty' type of guy and even I couldn't stand his negativity. After reading his posts for a couple months, I finally learned to just skip over them (his and someone else on this board who seems to enjoy reminding others that 'McDonalds is hiring'.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Default BAD/GOOD DAYS

Some days are good and some are bad. Bad days consists of missing a turn on a 2-lane country road and having to drive a possible 30 miles before you can even get turned around. Also, getting lost in a town for 2hrs. or more before finding your destination. Mounting driving in bad weather is never good. Driving in some areas where your cell phone has no signal. Finally, getting a load into a town or city that you feel very uncomfortable with.

Good days consists of driving to a city or state that you've always wanted to visit. Eating at various restaraunts and different foods that you do not have in your home city. Meeting different people from all across the country. Seeing historical land marks or places that you've always heard of or seen on TV. Always having a story to tell your friends and family about your travels. These are my personal bad/good days.