User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2008, 04:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I run a radar for california and oregon. I don't want to be going 55 on a dead straight section of I-5. I'd like to go 60 and when that thing starts beeping, I slow down. All you guys say how bad they are and you can get caught... It's the chance you take I guess. I'm willing to risk it.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Board Icon

The best fuzz buster out there is the Cobra29. Best one I've ever had. You buy one, and put it on channel 19, you will know where all the black n whites are. :P :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona911
I run a radar for california and oregon. I don't want to be going 55 on a dead straight section of I-5. I'd like to go 60 and when that thing starts beeping, I slow down. All you guys say how bad they are and you can get caught... It's the chance you take I guess. I'm willing to risk it.
K-11...I have a lot of time cruising the 5. Except for spots like Redding, Sac, and south of Wheeler Ridge, I could set the cruise at 60 and motor right along. Not once did I ever get yarded over for speeding. Didn't even get a lightbar flash to advise me to slow down..and I've never had a "detector" other than a cb and my eyesight.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Don't bother with radar...they can jam the signal.

If you wanna hammer down, the best time is between 7am to 7:30am. Git'R Done Son!

Old 03-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kona911
K-11...I have a lot of time cruising the 5. Except for spots like Redding, Sac, and south of Wheeler Ridge, I could set the cruise at 60 and motor right along. Not once did I ever get yarded over for speeding. Didn't even get a lightbar flash to advise me to slow down..and I've never had a "detector" other than a cb and my eyesight.
Well you were lucky, I got pulled over and was given a warning for 60. It wasn't even in one of the "hotspots" like redding, corning, medford, etc
Old 03-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Senior Board Member

i've got an old high school buddy who works for the california highway patrol. according to him, most of his fellow officers won't pull a truck driver over for going 60mph. i always go 60 through california and have never been lit up, or spoken to on the cb from the officer behind me. however, if the cop is a rookie, chances are 50/50 that he'll pull you over. depends on how bored he or she is. the only times i'm going 55 or below is when there's fog, strong wind, rain, quite a bit of traffic, construction zones, or a mix of any o' that.