User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hello All From BookerT Newbie

Hello everyone,

I have been driving since May of 07 and have had more downs than ups. I am working towards a job for a local company where I can be home nightly with my Wife and Son. I have a lot of respect for drivers and what you and I do everyday. If only everyone on the road realized that we haul their stuff, but in this fast paced world, only a few do realize it.

I work for J & R Schugel and really enjoy the 5 days of work and home for 2. I think every driver should be able to have the ability to come home for 2 days after working only 5. I think it is really tough when you have to be out for 2 weeks or more, when you do not want to be.

I have read a lot of your posts and there are some great people on here. I really look forward to talking to a lot of you. I hope you have a great week and make it safely to where you are going.

Please don't tailgate, think of it as if that were your children and wife driving, and I was tailgating them, would you like that? Not saying anyone here does this but I see way to much of it on the road.

God Bless and see you soon!
BookerT
Old 02-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Board Regular

hey booka t your year is almost up. i think 2 or 3 weeks is normal. when a guy gets kept out for 2 or 3 months thats just mean.

send the poor guy home so he can enjoy some of the money he's made :lol:
Old 02-27-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Destruction
hey booka t your year is almost up. i think 2 or 3 weeks is normal. when a guy gets kept out for 2 or 3 months thats just mean.

send the poor guy home so he can enjoy some of the money he's made :lol:

Huh funny thing is I'm looking to roll away my debts ...but got 9 points for two tickets in DE and I cant get on ...Id be glad to do three weeks out as long as they paid like they say ....

Shawn
Old 03-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Rookie
Default Good To Hear From You Both

Hi All,

It was good to hear from you both, thought I would get more replies but I am new and folks are busy. Sorry to hear about your tickets, easy to get when your in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have been having a lot of problems with my dispatch, i have a mentor, but she has been ineffective in dealing with this kid, who's last name is Schugel. I cant get my truck repaired, cracked windsheild, leaking radiator, etc.. so I am now looking to get out of there. I asked my dispatch not to run me on the east coast, and he gives me 2 in a row, in Jersey. What a smuck he is :roll:
I seen an ad in the paper here for local jobs, home nightly so I am calling them Monday.
I got caught in the snowstorm on the way back to IL from NJ, so I didn't get home till late Sat night, to start my hometime. This really is a shame that 1 dispatch is ruining my job here, cause I love my truck, 9400I International, it has a lot of miles on it but runs great, any tips on how to fix my washers, they have not worked right since the last deep freeze, only the right side is spraying, like that is a lot of help. I am going to work on it while i am off here, tried pulling the hoses off, but wanted to wait till it warmed up, so not to break the small plastic parts.

My company is in hot water with the DOT for log violations, they have a score of 99 which I found out was the worst, so I have to pull into all scale houses, do not pass go, pay $100 lol So I run a tight ship and am really happy to be home with my Son and Wife.
The reason I love to get home is my Wife and I had to wait 17 years for my Son to be born, had a lot of fun before that, but talk about a complete life change when she finally got pregnant, wow :shock:

Well enough babbling about me, how about you all?? I hope your safe and having a great day!
Thanks for hauling my stuff and Americas Stuff!
God Bless
BookerT
Old 03-03-2008, 08:33 AM

Hey, T, good luck with your child, man! i've got an almost-five-months-old daughter now, and while I'm looking forward to her walking and doing more on her own, I'm sure I'm going to look back at her staying where we put her fondly, too! :lol: You might want to talk to your dispatcher's boss and see if you can get a different dispatcher - it might just solve some of your problems. As far as the windshield wipers, the easy fix is to just pour hot water over the exposed lines. It may take a few trips to the tap, and you'll probably have to climb up on the wheels, but it'll make all the difference. I finally thought of it in a big 'Duh!' moment last week after tossing snow on my windshield for half a day.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Default Re: Good To Hear From You Both

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntdj1198
Hi All,

It was good to hear from you both, thought I would get more replies but I am new and folks are busy. Sorry to hear about your tickets, easy to get when your in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have been having a lot of problems with my dispatch, i have a mentor, but she has been ineffective in dealing with this kid, who's last name is Schugel. I cant get my truck repaired, cracked windsheild, leaking radiator, etc.. so I am now looking to get out of there. I asked my dispatch not to run me on the east coast, and he gives me 2 in a row, in Jersey. What a smuck he is :roll:
I seen an ad in the paper here for local jobs, home nightly so I am calling them Monday.
I got caught in the snowstorm on the way back to IL from NJ, so I didn't get home till late Sat night, to start my hometime. This really is a shame that 1 dispatch is ruining my job here, cause I love my truck, 9400I International, it has a lot of miles on it but runs great, any tips on how to fix my washers, they have not worked right since the last deep freeze, only the right side is spraying, like that is a lot of help. I am going to work on it while i am off here, tried pulling the hoses off, but wanted to wait till it warmed up, so not to break the small plastic parts.

My company is in hot water with the DOT for log violations, they have a score of 99 which I found out was the worst, so I have to pull into all scale houses, do not pass go, pay $100 lol So I run a tight ship and am really happy to be home with my Son and Wife.
The reason I love to get home is my Wife and I had to wait 17 years for my Son to be born, had a lot of fun before that, but talk about a complete life change when she finally got pregnant, wow :shock:

Well enough babbling about me, how about you all?? I hope your safe and having a great day!
Thanks for hauling my stuff and Americas Stuff!
God Bless
BookerT

LOL ...ohhh yea have two of my own and raised three now that came from others ...It has its moments buddyroe ...but in the end its worth it

their little hands have always facinated me ....

yea well in reguards to tickets ...was all me really ...

Good tunes ...clear road at like 3am ... no one on the road but me ....and well that statey ....sigh .... but it was all me ...

I am unfortunately one of those that having been to europe does not think speed directly equals unsafe ...course that also takes into consideration traffic and road conditions ....in my defence i was in my own vehical ....funny thing is ...over 20 years driving 4 wheel company vehicals for companies i have worked for ....no incidents ...kinda Ironic but it is what it is ...and as the song goes ..."everything looks worse in Black and White ..."

So this dispatcher Kid ...any chance he's "new" ? maybe your both in a learning curve ?

Ohhh just one bit of sage advice ...unless someone is bleeding or on fire ? ...I would personally avoid mking any major decisions untill the Lad is at least one year old ... frankly between "hormones" and Sleep deprivation ... it takes that long to get your head back to normal ...

Shawn
Old 03-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Rookie

Hi Shaun and Storm,

This dispatcher is a relative with the last name Schugel, and he has already got the fleet manager griping at me for more miles, when I spend more than half my time getting live unloaded, getting lumpers, or waiting 18 hours for my load at IKEA in Perryville MD, your not getting enough miles, my manager says, really I wonder why. He seems to look at the big picture instead of doing a little research then chewing me out next lol :roll:
But i still love what I do and enjoy my truck, I didn;t say much when I was getting chewed out, cause I know I need to get going earlier in the morning, and improve on driving time hours, which I have in the past 2 weeks. I am keeping a low profile and driving hard, just wish this weather would calm down some. We keep getting slammed one after another, and are getting hit now as I type :sad:
Thank you for the tip on the washer system, I am going out there after I finish typing to you both. I wanted to thank you for making me feel welcome here and hope to hear from more of the good folks on here.

Stay safe and have a great week. Your friend, BookerT