you could probably get a job driving a dump truck.... :wink:
Old 03-07-2008, 02:31 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Try working for a O/O.
Early on I drove for 3 months. My mother became ill and I had to take care of her for 2.5 years. Gave up on trucking after that.
05 I posted my resume on Monster jobs and was contacted by a O/O with 6 trucks. He was leased to Bullocks Express.
He had me fill out the application all But the Employments Section. I went to his house and filled it out. He told me what to say. Apparently I worked for him from 01-05.
I passed a road test from Bullocks and was with that O/O for a year until he went bankrupt and I was in the same boat. He was unreachable for a reference. That didnt stop me. Signed up with a day labor company that had Class A jobs.
Another O/O found me. This was ever better then before. I never filled out an application. Did a road test on monday and was gone on Tuesday.
He has his own trailer and DOT #.
I quit a year later because he could not pay me on time and owed me $1400 for fixing tha A/C in the truck.

Bottom line is... If you keep looking you will eventually find someone to hire you. Most times O/O with a few trucks are desperate to keep their trucks rolling.
I would go down that road for right now until you get back into it
Old 03-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Check for the local haulers that haul rock out of the quarrys with end dumps, or might try asphalt tankers.