Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Where to look 4 a job after having accident being new driver (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/32686-where-look-4-job-after-having-accident-being-new-driver.html)

Rotten4ever 03-01-2008 03:18 AM

Where to look 4 a job after having accident being new driver

I am under six month experience. I had an accident which was my first accident and was fired from the company. Does any one have any suggestions on where I could apply for another job???

TGTLLC 03-01-2008 03:33 AM

mainly it all depends on the seriousness of the accident and what the cercumstances were for the accident to occur.

Blind Driver 03-01-2008 04:20 AM

Since you got fired for a safety violation, none of the major carriers will touch you. Start checking around. Might have to drive a semi locally for a year. Be sure it's a tractor trailor, because once that safety violations is a year old, they will ask you what you've been doing for the last year. Be sure you've been using your class A at least 1500 miles a week :wink:

enobeenob 03-01-2008 06:46 AM

Yep, sorry to say your chance of getting another job with an accident so early in your career is not good.

Just keep pounding the payment and look around.

Good Luck.

Cluggy619 03-01-2008 09:28 AM

Well, to be truthful, you have less than six months. You don't really know what your doing at this point. So a accident occurring does happen.

Keep trying. You get a job.

What did happen in your accident?

jonekatz1 03-01-2008 05:02 PM

where to look 4 job

It all really depends on the circumstances involved ? preventable or non- injuries or not $ value involved. Do U care to divulge more details. there is a lot of variables involved ? :?

BigDiesel 03-01-2008 06:36 PM

Re: Where to look 4 a job after having accident being new dr

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotten4ever
I am under six month experience. I had an accident which was my first accident and was fired from the company. Does any one have any suggestions on where I could apply for another job???

I would try McDonald's , Burger King, Taco Bell, or Denny's.

Fredog 03-02-2008 12:20 AM

wow! 6 responses and nobody said, go drive a dump truck :D :D
maybe there is hope for you guys :D

ohiomohawk 03-02-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Driver
Since you got fired for a safety violation, none of the major carriers will touch you. Start checking around. Might have to drive a semi locally for a year. Be sure it's a tractor trailor, because once that safety violations is a year old, they will ask you what you've been doing for the last year. Be sure you've been using your class A at least 1500 miles a week :wink:

Where I live the local jobs are the most difficult to get. I think he would have a difficult time with a safety violation.

cmegobye 03-06-2008 02:51 AM

Try Celadon. They have a strange point system in their hiring process. Good luck