User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 03:48 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

First off thanks for the input.It's not like I'm a super gq guy,I just got the luck of the draw.2 I can't account for 10 years becaues 10 years ago would have been my freshmen year in high school.3 My mistake was to be content with what I had,I had it made.Now I did work hanging drywall and lugging shingles for a buddy.But that wasn't a "real job" no w2's.As for collage I have thought about it but I will be the first to addmit I'm not the sharpist razor in the box.Its been so long time since high school I have a lot of memory loss from not using my head or studying anything.But I have money and like I said I need a "real job" but they are hard to find with no work history since 01 I'm trying.I'll call some recruiters tomarrow and see but I don't know I have no ties here.I want to be out so too speak,hard to explain.Yes I miss her and yes I REALLY loved her but we had a falling out.Which is probly a good thing becaues I'm still somewhat young.I would hate too be doing this at 30.
Thank you everyone.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It is fine if you were in school within the 10 year history. Regardless of what you did, it needs to be accounted for in some way.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:56 AM

Too bad a few of of these drivers could offer nothing in the way of advice other than Smart a$$ replies to this guys 1rst post... There may still be a way for you to make it happen, but keep in mind the characters on this board accurately represent many of the personalities you'll be dealing with in this industry. See if you can get any of your cash employers to vouch for you anyway ( in letter form ) it's worth a try...in my situation, I documented my history with letters from business owners I contracted with + an individual in a high place + a signed letter from my wife stated that I was a stay at home or "house husband" for a period of time after a cross counrty relocation... it worked! I faxed everything on a thursday & was in orientation the next week.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Advice needed.Looking to get a CDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusoh
I had a girlfriend that was very good to me,so I really didn't have to work.I have no skill's or trade's. ops: .
You should re-evulate. You really do have a skill.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusoh
First off thanks for the input.It's not like I'm a super gq guy,I just got the luck of the draw.2 I can't account for 10 years becaues 10 years ago would have been my freshmen year in high school.3 My mistake was to be content with what I had,I had it made.Now I did work hanging drywall and lugging shingles for a buddy.But that wasn't a "real job" no w2's.As for collage I have thought about it but I will be the first to addmit I'm not the sharpist razor in the box.Its been so long time since high school I have a lot of memory loss from not using my head or studying anything.But I have money and like I said I need a "real job" but they are hard to find with no work history since 01 I'm trying.I'll call some recruiters tomarrow and see but I don't know I have no ties here.I want to be out so too speak,hard to explain.Yes I miss her and yes I REALLY loved her but we had a falling out.Which is probly a good thing becaues I'm still somewhat young.I would hate too be doing this at 30.
Thank you everyone.

if you got money then try to go to trucking school
Old 02-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Board Regular