User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Some Advice

I need some help with this decision. I am suppose to go to US Xpress for orientation Monday in Colton, Ca. But I am suppose to hear back from the recruiter who does Panther and FedEx Custom Critical. I am suppose to be getting teamed up with a guy who drives for a fleet owner with Panther II. But I don't know much difference in expediting and OTR. Which company should I go with? I know US Xpress is not the best OTR and like I said don't know much about with expediting. Any advice would be helpful.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:15 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

If your only opton is USX, you should really stay home and collect Un-Enjoyment. USX sucks the big one. i wouldnt wish USX on my worst enemy, .

hold out for panther. you will be glad you did.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Default Re: Some Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by et1231
I am suppose to go to US Xpress for orientation Monday in Colton, Ca. But I am suppose to hear back from the recruiter who does Panther and FedEx Custom Critical...
Did you start with USX?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Senior Board Member

It all depends on what type of unit you are driving doing the expediting. If it is a straight truck then it will not do you any good on gaining experience as far as the OTR companies are concerned. If you are running a tractor trailer then it is all the same.

All expediting means is that you pick up a load and run it to its destination ASAP. There is very little if any extra time built into the load and the only way that load will be taken off your truck other than at the recieving end is if you break down and can not be fixed real quick.