User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default another job bites the dust UPDATE

Well i think am leaving Venezia already. I got my 1st real check what a joke. Gettin paid by the ton sucks. This 1 load took me 4hrs and 15mins total and paid 39.00 dollars what a joke that aint even 10an hr. I need to get back into dump trucks gettin paid by the hr. I got a offer like a week ago to drive a dump truck for 19 an hr. I think i will be callin this guy 2marrow see what he says. If he says start monday am going to tell Venezia to go to hell. They can put it on my DAC i dont care. Lesson learn. I stay at one job for almost 3 years and and am on my 3rd job in 4 months. Man am turnin into a job hoppin SOB. O well i will find somethin thats worth my time.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Senior Board Member

well i made my mind up am not even going in 2marrow or ever agan. It aint even worth me getting out of bed at 3am
Old 09-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Senior Board Member

I would stick it out a little longer. It will get better. Sometimes it takes a little time to get a rhythm going. If it was always that bad noboby would work there. Mull it over and don't act too rational. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: another job bites the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
Well i think am leaving Venezia already. I got my 1st real check what a joke. Gettin paid by the ton sucks. This 1 load took me 4hrs and 15mins total and paid 39.00 dollars what a joke that aint even 10an hr. I need to get back into dump trucks gettin paid by the hr. I got a offer like a week ago to drive a dump truck for 19 an hr.
Yep, hourly is the only way to truck. Never drive for .cpm, percentage, by-the-ton, or whatever piecemeal medieval pay systems these cutrate haulers use. It's all a complete ripoff.

The only exception is in a dedicated linehaul operation where accessories kick-in when the wheels stop turning. Otherwise you're gonna get the shaft.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Senior Board Member

its all of them loads look at my pay sheet just click on it a couple times to get it lager. The one load to MD to Nj i had 7 hrs in that load and it paid 77 dollars what a joke. CFM you are 100% right only way to truck is by the hr. that check was for 58hrs come on all you guys out there know its a joke how many of you would work for that.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Senior Board Member

BTW almost every load take 2hrs to unload and a 1hr to load sometimes so theres alot of loading and unloading time its not just the drive time.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Senior Board Member

I agree about being rational about it, plus it's not good to quit before securing another job.

Having said that, if your minds made up have some fun with it. Go directly to highest person available and tell em to kiss your @$$, then turn and moon em on the way out. :lol: That's style, you can thank me later. :lol:

It'll be a great story for your grandchildren.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:11 AM
Senior Board Member

lol rosty well i do have a couple jobs i know i could get one guy will give me 16bucks an hr cash drivin at night for him starting sunday intill i find another job. So i got a couple jobs to choose from i worked for him for like 2 weeks intill i found the venezia job. I left to go there but all on good terms. Oh yeah am going out with a BANG!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2007, 05:16 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: another job bites the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
They can put it on my DAC i dont care. Lesson learn.
You're young. You might want to give this some time and give your two weeks. I'm a firm believer in not burning bridges. I burned a couple when I was younger and one or two came back to bite me in the ass. I've been in management and in charge of hiring. If I found out someone left with no notice I would not hire them. Why? Because it proves to me that when or if times get tough, that applicant is going to bail on me and leave me hanging out to dry. No thank you.

I hate DAC as much as the next guy. But it's there and it's not ever going away. There may be a day you'll go for a job you want it pretty bad and that DAC report will come back to bite you in the ass. Do the right thing and give your notice. Will it honestly bankrupt you to put your notice in? Think about it.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am not sure that one pay check is a fair representation of what you should or will make with this company. If it were me, I think that I would give it a few weeks to see if things get better. Either that or talk to your employer and see if this is the type of paycheck you can expect. If this is the norm, then you can always quit.