User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Scania wrote:
Quote:
Who in here got into trucking simply because of being tired of dealing and working around people all day long.
I think it's the main reason I'm considering getting into it myself.
I didn't get into trucking 'simply because" of anything.. The bigger decisions in life are not simple. Period. BUT:
My own Personality is Loner. Any sort of "anti-social" tag that anyone wants to put on it is a direct result and reaction to the gross decline of civility I've experienced with the Humans. I have a particular aversion to Bad. I cherish what is Good.
Trucking? Spent most o my life in ranching. Good job for a Loner. But they hammered on me that Loner was bad. So I went to college like a good boy and bombed out. I worked in a Steel Mill, liked it, but no money - and went back to ranching. Went out again into Wholesale Plumbing Supplies. Did great. From dock help to Asst Branch Mgr before I hit the Glass Ceiling and a salary cap.. Went back to ranching. For 30yrs. And the ranch closed.

Oh yeah.. Society doesn't like Loners. So I had to go through 2 marriages and 2 divorces.. Society isn't for everyone. I'm a Loner.

So. Take my educational level, my physical status, my Loner-ism, my need for Serious Income, what I'm able to do and how I like to do it....
Out of the blue, both feet first, I went into trucking.
I like trucking. Compared with running a ranch 25/8, 367/yr, this is a vacation with damn sure better pay.
If I'd sucked up, gutted up and gone on through the Education Machine and got a "Good Job"... I'd be unhappy, seriously homicidal and by God no guarantee of The Good Life by any means or sense o the word. I have enough 'burn outs' from the Socially Accepted Good Life out here with me to pretty much vindicate my gut instincts from way back.
I'm a Flatbedder. Skate Boardin', Shingle Haulin' White Trash.. And proud of it. At 52 I'm in the best shape I've ever been in.

And every time I go into an Office... I get the willies.. I can feel the tension. The lurking evil.. :twisted: And after I've transacted my bidness with the Gophers, the Suckers, the Trapped and the Haunted I get to walk out those doors and climb up into 80000lbs o Machine and I sail myself away from the Great Lie.
This ain't like bein' able to go lose myself out in the brush, miles from nowhere, surrounded by Nature with nothin' but a good Horse or a good Ford F250 Dsl 3/4tn 4x4 Supercab 5spd with me...
But it's Close Enough.
The money right now is Good Enough.. the Skill and the License is at least some assurance that I can better my position down the road in this industry.. No changing the Career anymore - just the Outfit perhaps. Maybe my own Rig in the future.. if it all 'pencils out'..

Nothing in life is Simple.
The Human Race is currently following right on down the historical cycle it has for thousands of years and we're on the Downside of it for many reasons.
I have no further use for Society on a personal level.. I may serve it. I interact with it on as minimal a level as I can.. It's for my own good and theirs as well. :mrgreen:
This is where I need to be.
There are many in this industry that don't need to be here.. If we're lucky we'll have the chance to Take Out those that don't figure it out for themselves soon enough - and for some of us, soon enough isn't Soon Enough.
I don't see that many Mexican Nationals taking over Transportation, not for very long anyway.... The Culture is what it is, and it is not suited to the demands for Safety and Reliability mandated by common sense, much less the mandates of Govmnt Regulation. But that's another whole topic.

If you're a Social Creature, go Local or stay Local. If the Goode Life and the Family Thing worked out for you, you won't stay in trucking. That is pretty simple.. We all make choices. What is Good or Bad is eventually determined by each individual in the end, regardless o race, creed, color or wiring.

Without question, there's a truck ready for you out here.
Without question, you better be sure you're ready for the Truck.
This is no game.
If you don't eat it up, it'll eat you alive.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Senior Board Member

That is one of the many reasons I want to drive a truck, I'm not a very social person so I don't go to parties or get togethers except family gatherings, other than that count me out cause I rather spend my time at home in peace and quiet.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Default Well said...

Root, You just brought up alot of things that I think most Truckers woud agree with. Maybe not admit to for the most part about being non-social. But I agree. I am married however. Not to say it is not extremely difficult to be away from family. I have a husband who is 13 yrs. older than me and for the most part he is content with me being the major bread winner as long as he can spend more time in his easy chair. So I guess it is working for us. I'm not saying I am entirely happy with the fact that he has slowed way down. I do drive for the same reasons to be away from angry people who are so sad its sad. I too am very grateful for the ablility to drive a truck and stay for the most part away from these rude people in the world today that we exsist in.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
That is one of the many reasons I want to drive a truck, I'm not a very social person so I don't go to parties or get togethers except family gatherings, other than that count me out cause I rather spend my time at home in peace and quiet.
Yeh that's me,never been much on all that neither.
My uncle who's now 70 something done the same thing when he was in his early 40's he had a grocery store and had it going on,he just sold the store one day and started driving a truck,done it til he was in his late 60's.
Some people are just not cut out to work with society,just now realizing I may be one of those.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Senior Board Member

I guess it came from having to deal with immature kids and their childish bullshit. :roll:
Old 02-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.
Default Seems like Root has some bad personality issues

Quote:
I didn't get into trucking 'simply because" of anything.. The bigger decisions in life are not simple. Period. BUT:
My own Personality is Loner. Any sort of "anti-social" tag that anyone wants to put on it is a direct result and reaction to the gross decline of civility I've experienced with the Humans. I have a particular aversion to Bad. I cherish what is Good.
Trucking? Spent most o my life in ranching. Good job for a Loner. But they hammered on me that Loner was bad. So I went to college like a good boy and bombed out. I worked in a Steel Mill, liked it, but no money - and went back to ranching. Went out again into Wholesale Plumbing Supplies. Did great. From dock help to Asst Branch Mgr before I hit the Glass Ceiling and a salary cap.. Went back to ranching. For 30yrs. And the ranch closed.

Oh yeah.. Society doesn't like Loners. So I had to go through 2 marriages and 2 divorces.. Society isn't for everyone. I'm a Loner.

So. Take my educational level, my physical status, my Loner-ism, my need for Serious Income, what I'm able to do and how I like to do it....
Out of the blue, both feet first, I went into trucking.
I like trucking. Compared with running a ranch 25/8, 367/yr, this is a vacation with damn sure better pay.
If I'd sucked up, gutted up and gone on through the Education Machine and got a "Good Job"... I'd be unhappy, seriously homicidal and by God no guarantee of The Good Life by any means or sense o the word. I have enough 'burn outs' from the Socially Accepted Good Life out here with me to pretty much vindicate my gut instincts from way back.
I'm a Flatbedder. Skate Boardin', Shingle Haulin' White Trash.. And proud of it. At 52 I'm in the best shape I've ever been in.

And every time I go into an Office... I get the willies.. I can feel the tension. The lurking evil.. Twisted Evil And after I've transacted my bidness with the Gophers, the Suckers, the Trapped and the Haunted I get to walk out those doors and climb up into 80000lbs o Machine and I sail myself away from the Great Lie.
This ain't like bein' able to go lose myself out in the brush, miles from nowhere, surrounded by Nature with nothin' but a good Horse or a good Ford F250 Dsl 3/4tn 4x4 Supercab 5spd with me...
But it's Close Enough.
The money right now is Good Enough.. the Skill and the License is at least some assurance that I can better my position down the road in this industry.. No changing the Career anymore - just the Outfit perhaps. Maybe my own Rig in the future.. if it all 'pencils out'..

Nothing in life is Simple.
The Human Race is currently following right on down the historical cycle it has for thousands of years and we're on the Downside of it for many reasons.
I have no further use for Society on a personal level.. I may serve it. I interact with it on as minimal a level as I can.. It's for my own good and theirs as well. Mr. Green
This is where I need to be.
There are many in this industry that don't need to be here.. If we're lucky we'll have the chance to Take Out those that don't figure it out for themselves soon enough - and for some of us, soon enough isn't Soon Enough.
I don't see that many Mexican Nationals taking over Transportation, not for very long anyway.... The Culture is what it is, and it is not suited to the demands for Safety and Reliability mandated by common sense, much less the mandates of Govmnt Regulation. But that's another whole topic.

If you're a Social Creature, go Local or stay Local. If the Goode Life and the Family Thing worked out for you, you won't stay in trucking. That is pretty simple.. We all make choices. What is Good or Bad is eventually determined by each individual in the end, regardless o race, creed, color or wiring.

Without question, there's a truck ready for you out here.
Without question, you better be sure you're ready for the Truck.
This is no game.
If you don't eat it up, it'll eat you alive.
Very convused rambaling.
Hmmm Hope I don't park next to you in a truck stop, I feel "Postal syndrom " coming on.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Senior Board Member

I rarely agree with CFM but I do agree with some of what he said . As a millwright you should be making a nice living , have you tried appling with a rigging company? I see a lot of dumba$$es out on the road and driving a rig is the last place you (or any one) needs to be when stressed out by some a%#hole 4 wheeler, this is ajob that require's a lot of patients (sp?)
Old 02-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm far from a depressed maniac!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Senior Board Member

That's what I do, deal with rigling companiies and the aftermass. I am loading a load in Beumont Tx. Monday morning that is 64 long, 15.7 high, 14.9 wide and weights 197 #lbs Then have to go out and play with traffic , Oh it only weighs 197 LBS
Old 02-17-2008, 01:36 AM
Senior Board Member