Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Williams
On the LTL side when delivering to the store they can be difficult.

I once had one of their employees tell me that they were closed at 2:50pm when the sign on the door said receiving hours "Xam-3:00pm".

After I asked her to sign the bill refusing the freight they were magically open
Dude, you're a better man than me. If I'm not outta there in 15 minutes than I just leave. See ya!! :lol:

The funniest was when I did that at a General Motors plant awhile back. Had one skid in a crated box. Showed up and there were sleeper trucks all over because this place is notoriously SLOWWWW (and yes, it is union. :lol: ). Asked the guy inside if he could pull the skid off the back. He told me to get in line, they don't make exceptions for nobody. I said "neither do I" and so I left.

Went to pull out and the guard wouldn't raise the gate and let me out because my pass wasn't signed. I called dispatch on the Nextel and he called security and told them that if they didn't raise the gate than he was going to tell me to drive right through it. Oh man, I was SOOOO hoping they didn't raise that gate but they did. :lol: :lol: :cry:

Well, it turns out that this was a part for some sort of compressor and was supposed to deliver that day to a crew doing work. Crew couldn't get the work done due to the compressor not being there so they charged GM alot of money for downtime.

Went there the next day and the guy didn't look me in the eye...just said pull around back and I'll grab the skid with the motor. He signed the bill and threw it at me. I balled up his receipt and threw it right back at him. He told me that he hangs out at a certain bar after work and that if I had a problem then we could work it out then. I told him yeah we have a problem let's work it out right here and now. He said FU and drove away on his motor.
You are LUCKY GM did not bill your company for the lost time YOU AND ONLY YOU CAUSED THEM CFM. Lets see here gross misconjduct there is not a Union Steward in the world that can get you off that charge. Called with your attitude you are dang luckily you still have a job after that one.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Quote:
Quote:

I once had one of their employees tell me that they were closed at 2:50pm when the sign on the door said receiving hours "Xam-3:00pm".

After I asked her to sign the bill refusing the freight they were magically open
Dude, you're a better man than me. If I'm not outta there in 15 minutes than I just leave. See ya!! :lol:

The funniest was when I did that at a General Motors plant awhile back. Had one skid in a crated box. Showed up and there were sleeper trucks all over because this place is notoriously SLOWWWW (and yes, it is union. :lol: ). Asked the guy inside if he could pull the skid off the back. He told me to get in line, they don't make exceptions for nobody. I said "neither do I" and so I left.

Went to pull out and the guard wouldn't raise the gate and let me out because my pass wasn't signed. I called dispatch on the Nextel and he called security and told them that if they didn't raise the gate than he was going to tell me to drive right through it. Oh man, I was SOOOO hoping they didn't raise that gate but they did. :lol: :lol: :cry:

Well, it turns out that this was a part for some sort of compressor and was supposed to deliver that day to a crew doing work. Crew couldn't get the work done due to the compressor not being there so they charged GM alot of money for downtime.

Went there the next day and the guy didn't look me in the eye...just said pull around back and I'll grab the skid with the motor. He signed the bill and threw it at me. I balled up his receipt and threw it right back at him. He told me that he hangs out at a certain bar after work and that if I had a problem then we could work it out then. I told him yeah we have a problem let's work it out right here and now. He said FU and drove away on his motor.
You are LUCKY GM did not bill your company for the lost time YOU AND ONLY YOU CAUSED THEM CFM. Lets see here gross misconjduct there is not a Union Steward in the world that can get you off that charge. Called with your attitude you are dang luckily you still have a job after that one.
Did you not read his post jacka$$? His boss told him to leave. You don't have time to sit around and wait on a peddle run. He was not delivering a load to GM, it was for a crew doing work there. They charged GM. GM f***ed up by not unloading the freight. As far as the fighting goes, obviously you don't have a clue as to how things work in the NE.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 AM

I delivered to multiple GM parts plants and Final assembly plants called the attitude your show the dock man pays alot into how you get unloaded piss him off then you are in trouble treat him good and you are fine. CFM pissed them off and also refused to show them his bills I am sure it showed on there what it was and also date needed on. They refused to dealwith him BECAUSE OF THE ATTITUDE HE SHOWED THEM EVEN ON A PEDDLE RUN YOU CAN TAKE THE TIME TO WAIT I KNOW OF ALOT OF DRIVERS THAT DO AROUND HERE. Called customer service skills LEARN TO USE THEM do not make them mad.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
I delivered to multiple GM parts plants and Final assembly plants called the attitude your show the dock man pays alot into how you get unloaded piss him off then you are in trouble treat him good and you are fine. CFM pissed them off and also refused to show them his bills I am sure it showed on there what it was and also date needed on. They refused to dealwith him BECAUSE OF THE ATTITUDE HE SHOWED THEM EVEN ON A PEDDLE RUN YOU CAN TAKE THE TIME TO WAIT I KNOW OF ALOT OF DRIVERS THAT DO AROUND HERE. Called customer service skills LEARN TO USE THEM do not make them mad.
You have never delivered anything...... Liar...
Old 02-07-2008, 04:02 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:

Another supertrucker story. :lol: Were the U.S. marshals there too? :lol:
Old 02-07-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD60
Another supertrucker story. :lol: Were the U.S. marshals there too? :lol:
Nope, it's a true story. What's the point in making it up? All kinds of stuff like that happens on a peddle run. I deliver to bars, schools, construction sites, car dealerships, strip-malls, restaurants, residential houses, stadiums, banks, airports, campsites, trailer parks - to name a few. All in a day's work for a dedicated P&D man. Most of you don't have multi-stop LTL experience so you don't understand...but in a nutshell, you just can't let 1 stop hold up 13 others plus your pickups. It's a whole different world then OTR...like I said, 15 minutes max then I'm outta there. That's what this ironeagle guy can't comprehend.

But let's not hijack the thread anymore...it's about Wal-Mart.