Old 01-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
keep truckin I dont like to get my self involed in BS like that. Next thing you know you might have to end up in court and deal with all that stuff.
That one little sentence sure says alot about you....
Oh i forgot you are just so perfect. Sorry if i got places to be and dont have time to waste. If it was something really bad like someone was killed or what not then yea i would most likely stop. But for a fender bender. I will like i said before KEEP TRUCKIN.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 01-25-2008, 04:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockee
Quote:
keep truckin I dont like to get my self involed in BS like that. Next thing you know you might have to end up in court and deal with all that stuff.
That one little sentence sure says alot about you....
Oh i forgot you are just so perfect. Sorry if i got places to be and dont have time to waste.If it was something really bad like someone was killed or what not then yea i would most likely stop.
MOST LIKELY.....!
Quote:
But for a fender bender. I will like i said before KEEP TRUCKIN.
Rockee was right about you
Old 01-25-2008, 06:58 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommee
We usually get accidents after it rains because people think they can still do 80mph when it's pouring.
In New Jersey, people also think they can do 80 mph on heavy, wet snow, and on ice too. They have no concept of safe driving on dry roads either. I've gone up I-287, from Trenton and lost count how many 4-wheelers were off the road by the time I got to I-80. Not to mention by the time I got to I-84. Two inches of wet snow on the road. Just TWO inches. If I ever decided to move to New Jersey, I'd want a towing business.... And a crane so I could get the SUVs down off a 20 foot cliff over the road when they park up there. I can't understand it. They get snow every year, but every year, they forget how to drive in it.

Maybe they never learned in the first place. :roll:

Old 01-25-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Quote:
We usually get accidents after it rains because people think they can still do 80mph when it's pouring.
In New Jersey, people also think they can do 80 mph on heavy, wet snow, and on ice too. They have no concept of safe driving on dry roads either. I've gone up I-287, from Trenton and lost count how many 4-wheelers were off the road by the time I got to I-80. Not to mention by the time I got to I-84. Two inches of wet snow on the road. Just TWO inches. If I ever decided to move to New Jersey, I'd want a towing business.... And a crane so I could get the SUVs down off a 20 foot cliff over the road when they park up there. I can't understand it. They get snow every year, but every year, they forget how to drive in it.

You ever encountered a California driver in the snow :roll: I'm from Indiana and I got to say CA drivers in rain is bad but in the snow OMG. If it wasn't so dangerous it would be the funnies thing I've ever seen.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Oh i forgot you are just so perfect. Sorry if i got places to be and dont have time to waste. If it was something really bad like someone was killed or what not then yea i would most likely stop. But for a fender bender. I will like i said before KEEP TRUCKIN.
Lol good one, I am far from even close to being perfect. Some day you might realize that its just not a big deal to take an extra fifteen minutes out of your day to help someone, what if it was you that needed it?
Old 01-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:

People in New Jersey can do 80mph in any weather. Didn't you know that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-25-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Would I?
Yes, I DID.
I-75 in GA. Southbound, just north of Perry. A trailer on the shoulder, and the tractor pulled out from under it. A flatbed in the middle, and a dryvan on the right. I was about 4 truck-lengths behind them. A green Ford Expedition in the left lane. When the truck in the right lane got to the trailer on the shoulder, it was like he suddenly woke up. He swerved to the center lane, and the flatbed also swerved to avoid him. The SUV was not able to get out of the way, and the whole side got new wrinkles from the runrail on the flatbed.

With me, being in the center lane, I was not going to be able to stop at the scene, so I chased the dryvan. I've got a digital camera, and tried to get alongside the truck to identify the company pulling the trailer. No good. Everytime I tried to get alongside, he swung over , either to the right or left, depending which side I was trying to come alongside. Finally, I pointed the camera at the back of the trailer and made sure I got the license plate in the pic.

Next exit, I did a flip and went back to the scene. The cops were already there, and an ambulance. I stopped on the shoulder and printed up my picture twice. Then I gave one to the officer and one to the flatbed driver. The officcer said they do not get that kind of information very often. With the pic, they would be able to trace the driver back from the company that owns the trailer. When they trace it all back to him, the flatbed driver (a nice looking lady) would not have to worry about her CDL. The one that caused it all would "shoulder" all the blame. He would not be in nearly as much hot water if he'd stopped. They do not like things that look like HIT AND RUN.

No, he really did not do any damage to the flatbed, other than move the mirror out of adjustment. But that said that CONTACT WAS MADE. The officer said that the we would not have to worry about the driver of the dryvan much longer. When they caught up with him, he would no longer have a CDL for leaving the scene.

I've also been known to take pics at a truck stop when someone takes lights and fender off of another truck. I've gotten a few that showed the side of the truck with the truck number, and the company name. And, when they drive off, that goes straight to the police that respond to the scene.

For those of you that are not aware of it. Even on private property, if you hit another truck, either backing in or pulling out, and leave the scene, that's HIT AND RUN. If there's someone there, like me, with a camera that can identify your truck to the police, it will be much harder on you than if you stop and take your lumps.

Including the one in GA, I believe there are about 4 drivers that will never drive a commercial vehicle again. And the one in Jessup, MD was an O/O. My wife got those pics. Tractor number, trailer number, and even a good pic of the driver's face all went to the police that responded to the scene.

I think that more than half of the drivers out here have cell-phones. And, a lot of them have cameras incorporated in them. As technology improves, your chances of getting away with it are reducing all the time.

I had two ocassions when my truck was damaged in one week. Both times at a Pilot. No one to hold responsible for it, so the damage came out of my own pocket. $2,600 damage. If you damage someone's truck and try to run, I will not let you get away with it. The next one you hit may be mine.
Don't you think that chasing that truck and trying to get his picture put you and others in danger? I mean you obviously wasn't paying attention to the road. You could have caused another accident.