User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Stay away from AT&T/Cingular. Their service is getting worse and worse to the point that I would swear they are looking to eventually end their cell phone service's. They own a number of towers and don't even have one of their sat's on the thing but they rent it out to all the other carriers to use.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Board Icon

That's funny Mr Ford.
I've never had any trouble with AT&T, and I've been with them for about 10 years.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 01-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Stay away from AT&T/Cingular. Their service is getting worse and worse to the point that I would swear they are looking to eventually end their cell phone service's. They own a number of towers and don't even have one of their sat's on the thing but they rent it out to all the other carriers to use.
AGREE!!!

I used Cingular for years....then when AT&T took over I had nothing but problems.

Went to Verizon and couldn't be happier.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
700 minutes that you share...damn I can do that in my sleep even with free mobile to mobile.
So, it is true what they say! :wink:

Na as long as text and picture messaging is unlimited, plus I use the house phone too.

I guess it is true women love their phones but to a Trucker's wife the phone is their husband ! Until they get home that is. :wink: :wink: :P
Old 01-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
That's funny Mr Ford.
I've never had any trouble with AT&T, and I've been with them for about 10 years.

Sorry but the entire family, that is five Yes five sisters and my mom have had AT&T well when is was Cingular. Anyway, bad service over the road and the rest of the family localy has had bad phones, terrible customer service, and many many other billing problems. I am currently on the third phone and am lucky if the screen doesn't morph. I know crazy and everytime it is a hassel to replace the crappy equipment. My sister and my mom have had the same problem.

Then you call them and though I got an english speaker the last gal was dumber then a box of rocks. Found out that some text sent to me to solicite just by me opening it caused my bill to be 20.00 more every month. Then said it came off but I cant see that anywhere so now I have to call them again and talk to morons. Just watch out. My contract is almost up but I am have tempted to pay the termination fee and be done with them anyway. Watch your bill closely.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Board Icon

Well, I will say this...
Speaking of Cingular....I started with AT&T Wireless back in 1997. I dont remember ever having any trouble with the service. Back in 2005 (when ever it was) Cingular bought out AT&T Wireless, and I switched over to Cingular from AT&T Wireless. During that time, the service sucked. I couldnt keep a signal if it saved my life. I kept talking to my local customer service guy, and he kept telling me that it was gonna get better. Well, several months later, the service finally got better. Last year or so, AT&T came back into the picture, and the service is just as good, if not better than the original AT&T Wireless.

SYSCO has a "National Corporate" account with Sprint. Sprint offers 25% off on anything you buy for all SYSCO employees. I would go to Sprint, because of that, but I will stick with AT&T. All of my supervisors use Sprint. All of them have told me that the service sucks when they drive over to Wichita Falls from Lubbock. (this is out in west Texas) I guess, that 25% off really makes up for not having a good signal out in the middle of no where.

Some of our sales guys has Verizon. They also said that they dont have good service in a lot of areas.

Maybe this part of the country is good for some providers, and not others. I dont know, but I'm glad that I stuck with AT&T.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Board Icon

Prolly is true Jack about where your located as to how service is. I know in the NE, Verizon is your top bet.

Trukrswyfe, my brother had Nextel/Sprint and they gave him nothing but problems with billing. Service was good but their shady billing was the problem. He was being charged for $500 for a month when the plan had a limit on it that they would cut service to the phone once the bill reached $120. Instead the meter kept running and they claimed ignorance to the limit. He paid it off but only after they agreed to eat half the charge and then 6 months later the same thing happened with a twist. They were double charging him for the month, aka pro-rating in the middle of the contract when he already had done the pro-ration at the beginning of the contract. They have refused to budge and admit to a screwup so he's with Verizon now.

I've had Cingular since they took over Cellular One in the Mid-Atlantic and it just keeps getting worse. Problem is, can't find anyone that can match the plan I currently have at the price I have with Cingular. For $90 I have 2 phones that share the Nationwide Unlimited Mobile to Mobile 850 minutes with insurance on both phones and one has 1000 text messages. That $90 is after all associated taxes.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Board Icon

Yeah, I wanted to hurry, and try to explain better before it went haywire. :P :lol:

I totally agree with ya Mr Ford. I think it does depend on what part of the country you are in..

Old 01-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Thats better than my plan. We are at 170. with the fees of course and that is not with a messed up bill. I will be happy to move on. course we have unlimited everything, Never can have too much. :lol: 8)
Old 01-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Board Icon

Last I heard, for the OP, Sprint/Nextel was your best bet for running along the highways. As long as your on the Interstate system or very close to it, your service is great. My brother lives down the road from me but we are about 15 miles from I-95 and his Nextel coverage was spotty at best.