Depends on the charge 32 62.75%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
This industry has no place for someone with that type of MVR and Criminal Record, especially DRUG RELATED.
Someone else that lives in a glass house I am guessing?
If you were to meet me in person you wouldn't even think that I had been involved in such things. My decisions hurt me not others. Thank God for that. Well not physically anyways. My family was hurt emotionally, But they were supportive. And they still are.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Board Regular

Hey brown7477, How long have you had your CDL ? BTW, good luck !
Darin
Old 01-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown7477
Quote:
This industry has no place for someone with that type of MVR and Criminal Record, especially DRUG RELATED.
Someone else that lives in a glass house I am guessing?
If you were to meet me in person you wouldn't even think that I had been involved in such things. My decisions hurt me not others. Thank God for that. Well not physically anyways. My family was hurt emotionally, But they were supportive. And they still are.
The thing is, you have to live with the decisions you made! Why should they be automatically forgiven? Your decisions COULD HAVE hurt others. You're lucky they didn't. The fact that no one else got hurt does not matter. Your actions had the potential to KILL. There are many things you can do with your life but truck driving is not going to be one of them. No one here lives in a glass house. They live in reality! Drug and alcohol related offenses are unforgivable in this line of work.

You need to grow up, take responsibility for your RECENT actions, and look into another line of work. Someone that messed up 10, 15, 20 years ago has earned a second chance. You have not earned that.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:28 AM
Board Regular

Keep plugging away. Be patient, stay in the present, and take what life gives you. Life is a whole bunch of singles, walks, and bunts. Boy I'm a walking cliche' :lol: You seem like a smart guy, I think you get what I'm saying. It takes a while until "your movin on up to the East Side" don't get discouraged.

FWIW, the best worker I ever had was a guy who was on the run from his past. A routine traffic stop landed him in jail and extradited back to do his time. Whoever "gives him a second chance" will be rewarded with a hard working, conscientious, and honest employee.

We all screw up. It's just a matter of what you are screwing up when you get caught.

Have you considered furthering your education and going into counseling? Seems like you could help some people.

Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown7477
Wow!! This thread has taken on a life of it's own.
My past speaks for me as to what kind of a person I was.
Not Who I am now.
I appreciate all this. But as you see I am not a quitter. I will succeed.
I have more going for me in the area of life experiences. How easy it for some newer OTR driver with limited experience to pull into a truckstop or have a couple day layover and go have a few drinks at the local gentleman's club and end up with someone offering them something. In my opinion chances are they will go ahead and party and have some fun. I know ask me that 10 years ago and I would probably of said sure why not. I do not have to drive for a while. But now If I was to be offered anything I would refuse and walk away. I don't care who offered it. That is not for me.
But I have to live with my past.
I talked to an Owner of a truck and he is going to see what he can do. He even offered to possibly buy another truck. He is a machinist and had a truck for hauling race car. Well he decided that he could make some $$ putting it on the road and did just that. Well the truck isn't the nicest on the road, but it is well maintained. He makes sure it is legal so he is not stuck somewhere and miss any races. Well he purchased a better truck more suitable for OTR and parked this one. He and the driver had a fallen out and the truck has been sitting. So he said he will check into the insurance for me to drive either one. and if the company he has the 1 leased out to will not insure me, he said he will check on setting up the other for some regional runs. And If all goes well he will get another truck for OTR and keep the 1 for his Car hauler. Well anyways he has some people to interview for the job.
See so all I have to do is contact the right person. Not all doors will be slammed. I was 100% honest about my criminal history and he was still interested because of the dedication I have to this. I wasn't like" Hey Dude . Are you still looking for a driver?" I told him everything about myself and he told me about what he is looking for. And I am into the racing scene myself so it may turn out be the perfect opportunity for me.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin Younce
Hey brown7477, How long have you had your CDL ? BTW, good luck !
Darin
Darin, I actually do not have it yet. I am looking for someone to talk to me with a potential opportunity. I have been accepted to a school but i am leary of that also because of all the CDL mills out there. If i find someone that will tell me call them and they will accept the school I am looking into attending then it is a done deal. I have already taken all the written tests except for HAZMAT and PASS and passed them no problem. The only reason I have waited for the school is because of my background. I have to pay that $$$ back and if someone will not accept the education then why would I want to waste the time and money taking it. I would be graduating the 27th if I would of started in the last class. but anyone I have talked to, told me not to go to the school I was going to go to. Sun Prairie Diesel Driving School. I hope this answers your question. I have driven But not legally. I was the leadman for a construction company in Tenn and when I needed a piece of equipment and there was no one to drive the truck, I would do it. We had problems keeping people with a regular license let alone a CDL. and I was just too busy to go take the tests at the time. and I only hauled maybe 2 times a month. Risky I know. But I wasn't too concerned at the time. And kept saying I would go get it when we had a few days free. That and our rig was not what I would call to DOT standards. You know Construction Equipment. lucky the tires even held air. But I was a company man and did what I had to do to get the job done.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Senior Board Member

I need to follow this thread!
But I think it's a rerun, the ending is all too apparent.