User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Landstar O/Os

I would like to here what drivers think of this co. the good and the bad esp the bad!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Depends on what division (ie: van or flat). I've heard good and bad about both.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The good part about them is that you can go where you want, when you want and no one is standing over you trying to force you to run. They don't have dispatchers so it is up to you to find the better paying loads. They are very nit picky about some things. It is about as close as you can get to running your authority without actually having it. I was leased to them and my experiences were mostly positive. You can do a search on this forum and find a lot that has been written about them. Some people do well others do not. Your success or failure is in your own hands. If you are used to having a dispatcher and like having someone find loads for you then you should consider a different company. If you like doing a lot of the leg work yourself and prefer finding your own loads, then Landstar might be the company for you. You will pay for your base plates, permits, etc., just as if you were running your own truck. Landstar also has fees that they charge for various things, such as transflow, fuel card usage, etc.,