User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Reb
I can tell you all the one's that came in when I was there not to say that they will be the same one's now. we talked with averitt, colonial, tmc, mcelroy, roehl, and swift. out of the bunch tmc was my pick, if you like flatbed. we didn't ask a lot of question just kinda sit and listened to the spill because at the time we didn't know what to ask.
Similar companies came to recruit when I was there, too. Additionally, Schneider, US Xpress, Werner...and one other which I can't think of at the moment visited, too. I would take everything the recruiters say with a grain of salt (several grains). After all, they are trying to get you to work for their company. It's like selling a product. Each try to make their company and jobs sound like a 20 layer wedding cake (not the dried out brownies they might turn out to be). Ask a lot of questions and don't rely on one-sided, optimistic answers. The school actually gives you a list of questions to ask about the companies. Also, depending on the company terminal locations and your home location, getting home often may be a factor in your decision. The company I work for does a good job of getting me home when I need/want to. Talk to the instructors a lot! They are very helpful!