Old 12-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
I picked up a loaded trailer at our yard just outside of Nashville and took off for Laredo. When I got to the Texas welcome center I stopped for the night. When I got out and walked towards the bathroom something just didn't look right with the trailer number. After the bathroom trip I double checked the trailer number -wrong one. The trailer I was hooked to was supposed to deliver the next morning - in Nashville.

That was a nice non-paid round trip.

WERNER ?
Celadon - right after they acquired Digby
Old 12-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
I picked up a loaded trailer at our yard just outside of Nashville and took off for Laredo. When I got to the Texas welcome center I stopped for the night. When I got out and walked towards the bathroom something just didn't look right with the trailer number. After the bathroom trip I double checked the trailer number -wrong one. The trailer I was hooked to was supposed to deliver the next morning - in Nashville.

That was a nice non-paid round trip.

WERNER ?
Celadon - right after they acquired Digby

Thought maybe Werner b/c of the loaction of the yard ...
Old 12-14-2007, 06:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Well Ithis isn't my fault it was mt FM's , But it's funny...

I had home time set for Dec 26th 2005 in Denver Co on the 25th I'm sitting bobtail in the Jubitz truck stop in Portland OR , And I get a message on the Qualcom ...Go ahead and head home MERRY CHRISTMAS...Well it's about 1300 miles to Denver , So I send a reply back stating ...That's an awfull long way to bobtail are you sure it's cool to head home ...Dispatch replies ..,If you can get an empty then do that if not Yes go ahead and bobtail...And a second time I reply you're positive you want me to Deadhead all that way....Final reply by dispatch...YES...Well I got my Mt at the Jubitz yard ,and heaed for home stopping once in Twin Falls Idaho at the Flying-J to fuel ...I get home on the 27th ,and send my arrived at home time macro ,And gave the keys to the shopp so they could do it scheduled maintence ...Then I arrive ready to work the day after new years , and send my available Macro ,And get a message asking ...WHERE ARE YOU...I reply sitting at the terminal then I get asked WHAT TERMINAL ,So I reply the Denver terminal ,and Dispatch replies who told you to go there , And my reply...DISPATCH said to go ahead ,and head home "MERRY CHRISTMAS " dispatch replies "We THOUGHT HOME WAS PORTLAND " I was like WTF I've never asked for home time anywhere ,but Denver CO ,And if hometime was portland Or why with no work available on the 24th /25th would I be sitting at at a truck stop with my thumb up my A$$ when I could be at home ?...Dispatch's reply "you need to ask questions" ...I'm pretty sure I did ,But I had no idea Jerry Lewis was staffing the Werner dispatch office ... :wink:
Old 12-14-2007, 06:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Lets see;

not making a pass at Shawna K. S. the first time we went out on a (date)?
answering an add for JBHUNT to learn to drive a truck at (23???)
getting married at 25
Old 12-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Senior Board Member

And my biggest mistake was letting MY FM at werner know I was looking to leave the company in advance , As one would think the courtesy of letting your employer know you plan to leave would be appreciated not a cue to act in an un-professional manner attempting to ding a persons DAC in any way they can out of hostility towards a driver that simply wants to earn more than 28-30k gross for the next 10 years ...Oh , And if your an ass of a dispatcher towards your drivers...why on earth would you insist on meeting face 2 face with a driver you treat like shat ...I mean if your only weighing about a buck fifty and the driver you keep playing games with is pushing 250 and can put up 425lbs on the bench ...Why would you want him to be able to pick you out if infact you do screw him over ,and he decided to elect you for that ass-whooping you've been campaining for ... :wink:
Old 12-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Rookie

Got a $250 fine because the company forgot to tell me when running local you need to put start and finish times not just mileage.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Are these the biggest mistakes made while driving a CMV sober or not ?
Old 12-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Default re-

running out of fuel because i assumed a $50 worth of fuel would get me from one town to another. Always fuel up at any chance you get, because you dont know when it will run out.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Well I have only been driving for 2 months, but, plenty of mistakes to go around My biggest, was in NC, I just got off of 77 onto 85 sb at 5:00pm, Charlotte traffic was quite heavy, and traffic was moving better in the second to right lane, all of a sudden I hear on the radio, "Hey swifty, how far you think your gonna get running the weight station?" I look over, and sure enough, there I was passing the weigh station entrence with too much traffic to even consider getting over! Needless to say it was a nervious 30 or so miles to the SC state line, never got ran down though...

Another time I was in texas, and there was road construction on a bridge, so they had a rather long detour around the interstate, made it all the way back to the interstate with one more intersection to turn at before getting back on, and a bear was directing traffic, well I had a 4 wheeler flash back from thinking about the bear, and made my turn a little to sharp, making a lovely scraping sound as my trailer got to know a concrete road barrier a little better then it should have, the cop just looked at me and shook his head as we waved me on to keep going (No damage was done, just scraped it)

Was at a pilot fueling up, was rainy as hell, and I learned a hard lesson about how slippery steps get when you mix rain and fuel :P

And finally, NEVER leave your windows down all the way and forget to tie down the window curtain!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Board Regular

probably the biggest brain fart of all time was turning down the wrong street while looking for a terminal, at night and in the rain, with a set of doubles. It ended up a dead end in a residential area with a 10 ft high power line. 3 hours later I finally had my trailers rehooked and pointing in the right direction. Then I still had to find the terminal in the dark, which started the whole ordeal. I turned 1 street to early. I have that one burned into memory as to never do that again!!!!!